Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What modification first got you into modifying cars?

APR Carbonio intake on my MK5 GTi. The sounds it made were beautiful and looked that much better. But Honda's with their dirt cheap parts and absolutely humongous aftermarket support is what really did it for me.

First mod was a K&N typhoon intake on a Chevy Cobalt. Mod bug didn't hit me hard until I picked up a 97' ITR. It had some "interesting" mods from a previous owner so I spent a lot of time bringing it back to more of a clean stock form with some choice mods. I've had it for 2 years, still working on it.

The FiST is getting a lot of love now. Mods almost seem endless for this car.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
72 pinto 2.0. Doug's header, milled head, shelby cam. 71 Torino GT 429CJ. Marvin Miller nitrous since practically no aftermarket for 385 series in 78. Shelby charger with gutted cat and DC computer. 89 Dodge colt 1.6 turbo. 93 Sentra SER Hotshot header HKS Pop charger. 99 Audi A4 ARP ecu and scorpion exhaust. 05 Sentra SER SpecV. Hotshot header,AEM intake.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

K&N air filter I installed on my 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD back in '94-'95. Talon had major issues, so my ownership was very short lived. Then it was a mix of subs/stereo systems until around '99 when I got into an accident with my '94 V6 Stang. Had the body shop install a '96 Cobra hood, front bumper and headlights in place of the base model parts for negligible cost out of pocket. Lowered it on Eibachs, then went with front & rear swaybars, Moda M1 16x7s, front caster/camber plates, Saleen strut tower brace, custom true dual Flowmaster exhaust, K&N CAI, Pro 5.0 short-throw shifter, PIAA fogs, nose to tail dual rally stripes and limo tint. Still a slow car, but it looked the part and handled great! The car scene in VT back in those days was kinda laughable and I suppose I made a small contribution:LOL:

Last edited:
Not my mods so much, but I had a Japanese roommate, freshman year in college, with a 944 Turbo with 3pc BBS and "chips", a turbo timer. This was the early 90's in Iowa so it completely blew my shitter. Opened my mind to everything.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Replacing the radiator and hardwiring the electric fan to a switch on my 88 sunbird 5 speed.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
My first mod was actually on my ST that I drive now! I'm only 19 so I don't have a lot of experience. My first car was a lease (thanks dad) so I couldn't even work on that either. My very first modification was the Mountune Catback. Not too bad for the first time ever working on a car.