Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What mods am I missing? Streetable track build

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I'm still progressing in my build, more details on my build thread. However I have yet to run an event this year and I'm wondering if there is an aspect I'm missing? Not everything is installed yet. Any input? Mod list below:

Hybrid turbo
Cobb Intake
Whoosh v3 intercooler with hardpipes
AP3 with tune pending, 1 step colder plugs
3" catted downpipe to mbrp exhaust

Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud

Stoptech "Track Day" rotors and pads, Motul 600 and braided front lines
Fog light deletes with Boomba brake deflectors

ISC coilovers with Sport springs and damping
16x8 rpf1s with 205/45 re71r

1/2 cage, Sparco Chrono seat, harness, QD hub and wheel

Whoosh race rmm, vibra fast road pass mount

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you running ducting hose from the fog light deletes to, or aimed at the boomba deflectors, or no hoses?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Driver side motor mount? Not necessary, but you have the others covered so why not?

I think a quick shift kit (like Mountune's) would be a welcome addition (but again, not necessary)

A front brace will help tame the wheel hop (2-pc is sufficient for that).

CSM

1000 Post Club
I'd ditch the cage piece in favor of an LSD install, especially with the upgraded turbo. Game changer mod. I'm personally not a fan of caged street cars

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I forgot I do have a short shift kit and bushings. Depending on how this year goes I may do LSD, gears, and clutch in the off season.

I’m on agreement with a front brace to add to your mod list. I just installed the Pierce 6 point brace and can feel the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m on agreement with a front brace to add to your mod list. I just installed the Pierce 6 point brace and can feel the difference.
do these braces affect your ability to center jack the car from the subframe?

do these braces affect your ability to center jack the car from the subframe?
I haven’t actually tried that. I just used 4 jack stands and ramps for the install. Sorry can’t help with that one. I don’t see why you couldn’t but good question! Maybe someone else can chime in on that one.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Without a LSD you’re gonna slip tires and eat front pads quick. I’d run at least Type 200 brake fluid or Castrol SRF. I boil Motul but other guys seem to like it. LSD should be the first mod for track along with a radiator and cooler thermostat. The rest of the stuff is icing. The LSD alone will make the most difference. I also run 5w40 LiquiMoly with the 400s filter. Change it after every event.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
does 5w40 helps with temperature control for our cars?
I run it because it’s hot here and my car consistently sits at redline. It’s the best option for my purposes and it seems to be keeping my hybrid turbo alive and well.. After replacing my radiator and thermostat I haven’t experienced any heat issues whatsoever. I’m in the Southeast and track the car all summer long. No issues with the Mishimoto radiator and thermostat. It’s incredibly easy to burp too when coolant is swapped.

You ever think about running a wider tire? You can run a 225/45 on those 16x8’s..no?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Jabbit may not be able to raise those coil overs enough to clear, and to not rub a lot on a 225/45 tire, at least not without MAJOR fender pulling, BIG negative camber, and cutting and trimming of the wheel wells. [:(]

Yes I understand about not wanting to roll fenders, etc....but may be something to consider to get a wider tire on if this is a track day car...just a thought.

OP
J

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
You ever think about running a wider tire? You can run a 225/45 on those 16x8’s..no?
Yeah I've thought about it for sure. I have a lot of challenges with my current car and I needed to get tires on it. I chose not to go too wild on the tires just yet but I'll definitely explore wider tires I'm the future. I think I can fit 245s on them.