Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What tool o get to be able to add Boomba Blow-off valve adapter

Jax5

I purchased this, but can figure out how to remove small 5MM bolts with the limited space with wheel off? Wondering if anyone else has done this mod, and if so how you did, or cool tool I'm overlooking to use to do so.

Thanks,

Jax

Removing the hot side J-pipe or "noodle" pipe in addition to the belt guard/cover also helps a bunch:D

SrsBsns

I used a hex head socket with a ratchet, extension, and swivel attachment. You can also remove the belt access cover behind the wheel to get more access.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Winner winner!

The swivel will make your life much easier.

I think I had to use an extension on a few of them based on the different angles and then used the swivel for the rest and was able to get it off pretty quickly. My install took longer because the PO stripped heads of one of the bolts. I had to hammer a torx bit onto it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
1/4 inch ratchet
2.5 to 3 inch extension
5 mm Allen head socket

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I dit it without removing the passenger tire too. Just jack up that side enough for you to lay under it. Took me like 35 mins to install the vta spacer. Then when I swapped for the gfb it took like 20. Its fairly easy just dont forget to plug the dirvirter back in like I did. Car makes I lil too much flutter with it just blocked lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jax5

Thread Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the help, it sucked but got it on. Now my check engine light is on, anyone else have this happen? OR know why maybe?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
for what its worth, I got a set of ball-end allen keys and can swap the DV on and off in ~10-15 minutes on ramps, its a lot quicker (for me) than using the extensions and taking off the wheel.
You won't be able to see a lot of what you are doing, so looking at a picture of the area as you feel around will help a lot. Really depends on how familiar you are with working on cars. Also, don't remove/install a DV when the car is hot. Not only does it suck to do, but you can easily overtighten the fasteners. Go ahead and take it off while it's hot, but let the car cool off before reinstalling.