Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What was your upgrade path?

I recently bought a used 2018 and while I have a plan for my path I was curious to see what people decided was more important to change or upgrade (including quality of life upgrades). Personally, I'm upgrading the brakes and getting ceramic coating first but I'm still unsure what to focus on after.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Why brakes first, and what brake upgrade are you doing? Car has great brakes.

My upgrade path was to give the car more character. Exhaust, intake, blow off valve.
After that I did a rear motor mount, trunk brace, and center brace. Next will be intercooler.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
Xiocuatl
Thread Starter #3
Why brakes first, and what brake upgrade are you doing? Car has great brakes.

My upgrade path was to give the car more character. Exhaust, intake, blow off valve.
After that I did a rear motor mount, trunk brace, and center brace. Next will be intercooler.

I live and work in LA, and I don't trust the other drivers, lol. You would believe the amount of near misses I've had with my SE. As for brakes, I'm not entirely sure yet. I have to do more research and price checking. I also have a wedding to plan so money is a little tight so I'm simply saving my pennies until the I have enough.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I understand but these brakes are on a different level than your SE you can't compare.
I would do some research because you're not going to improve these brakes to help with traffic situations. The purpose of a brake upgrade is to increase thermal capacity for track use. Probably saying that wrong, but these brakes are fantastic.
The biggest thing that actually determines stopping distance is your tires not brakes.
Even the brakes on a old Toyota Corolla can overcome the tires ability to grip.

I'm trying to save you serious money.

From the gate, I've never been so pleased with factory performance; I didn't feel the immediate need to improve upon anything, not even lowering it which to me is almost always a must, no matter what.

I've only changed a few cosmetic odds & ends (ST center caps & badge covers, smoked Spec D tails, rear diffuser fins, ST-Line grille), plus some Swift lowering springs because they were an amazing deal used.

Mikey456

My upgrade path began with a rigid motor mount. It could have ended there, but the other upgrades depend on what you want out of the car. Also using good synthetic motor oil and upgrading tranny fluid helps.

Brianmc27

From the gate, I've never been so pleased with factory performance; I didn't feel the immediate need to improve upon anything, not even lowering it which to me is almost always a must, no matter what.

I've only changed a few cosmetic odds & ends (ST center caps & badge covers, smoked Spec D tails, rear diffuser fins, ST-Line grille), plus some Swift lowering springs because they were an amazing deal used.
Don’t forget hella stickers, too.

DoomsdayMelody

RMM and tune (mountune mTune). Pretty pleased with the car as is, I’m planning on summer tires next (previous owner had all season rubber on, ugh) and an intercooler after i swap tires. That said my commute may be tripling before the year is over so I haven’t made up my mind if I want to run summer tires and start swapping them annually, or if I’ll just suffer on all seasons again just to get some mileage out of the tires.

I’m also really debating between lowering springs or swapping the rear dampers you help the ride out but I keep flip flopping on my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wetwea33

Get an intercooler that can handle a big turbo and an accessport first. If you have ethanol around you get a dizzy e30 tune. Don't waste money on dumb little things. Save up for wheels, turbo, aux, and a set of coilovers. Buy used where ever you can.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I did the basic stage one cobb setup starting off, then I did lowering springs, bracing, brakes and stage 2 and 3 at one time. After that I went turbo and wheels, and I'm back to suspension next again

slopoke

I did my brakes front and back, suspension, exhaust, intercooler, charge pipes, airbox, crossover pipe, rear motormount, all within a 1000 miles of ownership. A few months later I added a hybrid turbo and catted downpipe. A few months after that I added a 4 port aux fuel. A few months after that, I changed from the S242 hybrid turbo to a Garrett GTX2860R Gen II turbo. I then went completely stock and sold the car last week.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ouch, what did you do?
Bought parts that have a bunch of fitment issues, so im re doing my charge piping and intake/ exhaust. Shame because it looked like quality stuff, maybe i just have bad luck with them though.

I recently bought a used 2018 and while I have a plan for my path I was curious to see what people decided was more important to change or upgrade (including quality of life upgrades). Personally, I'm upgrading the brakes and getting ceramic coating first but I'm still unsure what to focus on after.
634F8D47-F181-4F90-AEBB-0DCA0B5C8104.png 7F85DC4B-AB08-4DE4-BE53-423EF67EF766.png

I went cosmetic at first, rally armor red flaps, visors, st shift knob, resonator and muffler delete, then accessport stage 1, drilled and slotted rotors all around, motor craft brake pads all around, next up mountune radiator, whoosh boost hoses and j pipe and whoosh intercooler