Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What would you do?

My 2014 Fiests ST has developed a crack in its head! No warranty!!! So do I fix the head or replace the engine? I'm thinking about a new engine? I was hoping that the never engines would have this problem fixed? does the 2016 still have the overheating issue?

Sorry to hear this. It's probably technically easier to swap in an engine from the wreckers. The engines aren't terribly expensive.
My understanding is the 2016+ models had a design improvement to fix the head cracking defect. Looking at car-part.com I see two in edmonton, one in saskatoon, whereas you have local options in a earlier engine.

I would just get an LKQ engine in there (after cleaning and compression testing) and call it a day. Then afterward you can either sell parts off your old engine to recover some cost, or take your time and build it up with better internals and a new head to swap over later down the road.