Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's the biggest tire we can fit without issues?

thats pretty far out if it's ty

that's impressive the guy can run 245/45/16 no rub.
I didn't say NO rub, the quote was "Local guy here runs 245/45R16 (I assume on an 8" wheel) and he claims "barely any rub", this is a 24.7""

And his Barely Rub could be others MAJOR rub, for all I know.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
people have run here 225/40/17 and it works fine on stock wheels/stock height and it works fines also. maybe a slight touch on full lock? don't know
225/40/17 is 24.09
WHERE are these people finding street tires, or even any 100/200 tread wear autocross/track tires in this size?!? [???:)] [???:)]

Unless they are in Europe/England/rest of world, the only tires made in, or available in that size are Hoosier A7, or R7 DOT SLICKS. [wink]

(But supposedly the new RE71Rs will be available in this size once they hit full production. [dunno])

I’m running 215/45/17 on 7.5 inch wide wheels. No issues, stock suspension setup. Looks cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firestone firehawks, I wanted more sidewall to soften the ride of potholes here, really like it

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I’m running 215/45/17 on 7.5 inch wide wheels. No issues, stock suspension setup. Looks cool
I rubbed @ autocross with that configuration, full compression on the front would rub the liners at the 11 & 1 positions. Stiffer springs (MeisterR ZetaCRD coils set to stock height) fixed that problem.

Edit: I also used a heat gun on the liners and was able to get the liners to conform more closely to the underlying metal thus creating more room for the tire.

Good point, I have not tracked it or done autocross at this tire size, just daily driving

Anything wrong with using 215/40/17 on the stock 7" wheels? Just wondering since a lot of people are mentioning getting wider wheels. I do go to a few track days each year and would like to get a bit more grip, but I don't really want to get new wheels if I don't have to.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

haste

1000 Post Club
Anything wrong with using 215/40/17 on the stock 7" wheels? Just wondering since a lot of people are mentioning getting wider wheels. I do go to a few track days each year and would like to get a bit more grip, but I don't really want to get new wheels if I don't have to.
I've used the dunlop direzzas in that size with no issue. Worked great on stock suspension and using coilovers with a very small drop in height. No worries!