Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your current mileage, maintenance, and issues?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
11,500....2015 FiST....no recalls done...averaging 32.5 mpg mostly highway miles....how are some of you getting 35 mpgs....I don't really get into the turbo too much and drive alot of highway 60mph-65mph.

OP
K
Thread Starter #23
11,500....2015 FiST....no recalls done...averaging 32.5 mpg mostly highway miles....how are some of you getting 35 mpgs....I don't really get into the turbo too much and drive alot of highway 60mph-65mph.
I want to know too. I'm averaging 30.1 mpg with mixed city and highway.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
2015 11,000. New engine under warranty at 8500 due to coolant leaking into #3 cylinder. Randy tuned at time of incident.

Rhinopolis

2015 and 1 year ownership with close to 4600 miles. I started modifying mine the 1st week I purchased and my mods are listed on my profile page.

I changed the oil & filter at 500 miles because I wanted to and not because I believe it needed it, and then I changed again at 3500 miles. I plan to change at 4K mile intervals or once a year (whichever comes 1st) from here forward.

I had axle seal leaks that took three repairs from the dealership before they finally stopped leaking, and other than that the car has been a gem. Normal maintence from here forward (new brake fluid every three years, transmission fluid every two years, and coolant every 5 years) plus whatever wear and tear items need replacing.

2015 with 30K miles and one track day on it. Changed the oil every 5k miles, Damand OCC, tuned and intake at 6k miles. I have had no issues.

me32

1000 Post Club
At the mph you seem to be crusing at you should be able to get 35mpg. Check your tire pressure. The tires cold should be 39psi front and 36psi rear. If your car sits out side id set the fronts 42psi and rears 39psi. As they lose psi from the hot and cold weather of staying out side.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Bought in Nov 2013.
39k miles.
Battery failed, only thing warranty ever covered.
Broken pass side engine mount bolt
Broken pass CV axle
Cracked cylinder head
AC compressor froze up and shredded the belt and melted tensioner pulley.

I've been extremely hard on the car, but I do change the engine and trans oil pretty regularly.

Despite the cylinder head issue handed down from the escape in the Summer of 2013, I still love the car.

The stock clutch and trans being very good units to handle power is a big deal to me. How many platforms have tons of power and great things about them, but can't live very long because they are stuck with a bad or weak factory trans?

2015 w/17,000km (10563.31m) one leaking right shock that I just replaced my self cost ($130 Canadian) engine made funny tapping/knocking sounds when it was brand new but it stopped and doesn't make those sounds anymore car has been perfect other than the shock I have have also had an injen intake and cobb accessport w/stage1 ots tune since new and just recently added depo racing fmic and depo racing downpipe w/stage3 ots tune car runs sounds and drives perfect

'14 16k miles currently. Noticed a decent oil leak around the valve cover the other day. I'll have to give the dealer a call this week and have it brought in again. That's what warranties are for I suppose.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
'14 16k miles currently. Noticed a decent oil leak around the valve cover the other day. I'll have to give the dealer a call this week and have it brought in again. That's what warranties are for I suppose.
Not on the back side by the fuel pump is it?

2016 with 9,600ish miles on it. First oil change and tire rotation at 5k. Will continue oil change and tire rotation every 5k, so my next one is due very soon. I haven't gotten around to getting the relay recall or the HVAC reflash done yet because that requires taking my car to the dealer, and I HATE taking my cars to any shop. If they would just give me the relay I'd do it myself as well if I was able to do the reflash. Unfortunately neither will happen so I'll have to bite the bullet at some point.

I just got a 2016 and it's really fun and all but I only have a little less than 600 miles on it and just hit a month with it. Kinda funny how I just made my first payment and I broke down already. I had an issue with one of the hoses/ clamps in the turbo area. At the dealership they didn't really give me any details just that it popped off. I was on the freeway when I noticed a loud pop and a loud hissing sound like compressed air leaking and wasn't get any power. I got off the freeway and tested on a small road and same problem turbo spinning up and lots of air noises. Thankfully there was a dealership nearby so slowly but surely I got there and they noticed the problem and "fixed" it in about a day. I picked up the car the next day and it seemed normal. After driving for about 10 min I hear a small hissing noise again. I still had power but lots of noise again. Took to the dealer again, and this time they let me see the car lifted and the mechanic that did the work the first time said that the hose and clamp he replaced was slipping out of place so that's why I still have some power but some air leackage. I'm not going to have the car for about 4 days because the part has been back ordered which sucks but has anyone else had this problem. Is it common on turbo charged cars? Please let me know, any advise helps. Just think it's weird that I haven't broken in the car yet (1000 miles) and It's been at the dealership twice for the same thing. Thank you.
1,400 miles here and a month of ownership, and you know, I just got my car back from the dealership last week with the exact same issue. Car would whistle like a tea kettle around 50-60. Figures it was EXACTLY what I told the ford service center, driver's side FMIC Hose clamp came loose. They STILL refused to take a look at it until a mechanic drove with me and heard the noise, which sucked because it was so intermittent of a sound. Still, even though it doesn't seem like I've lost power since its been repaired, I do indeed feel like I hear excessive air sound, which my mind instantly clicks it to a leak of some sort. I'm gonna get the car up on ramps and check the "big eight" connections that tend to come loose in the first 1000 miles or so.

And I thought dealing with insurance companies was bad...

I want to know too. I'm averaging 30.1 mpg with mixed city and highway.
I have a '16 FiST and with 93 octane I can reliably get 38 mpg if I keep it at 65 mph on the highway, but the mpgs drop pretty quickly with city driving. I'm also on 205/50 R16 wheels/tires, which are a bit larger than factory diameter, so that might buy me 1 mpg. Everything else is stock and I've got 9000 miles on it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don't believe the mpg indicator....I take my miles from the trip and divide by how many gallons I got at fill up for the true mpg....I get about 32 mpg....I'm about to drive from Mn to Nola on the 17th and we will see how high I can get it.

I don't believe the mpg indicator....I take my miles from the trip and divide by how many gallons I got at fill up for the true mpg....I get about 32 mpg....I'm about to drive from Mn to Nola on the 17th and we will see how high I can get it.
I do the same to calculate mileage -- using the Fuelly app for the calculations. I will say that the car's computer is usually within 1 mpg of the miles/gallons computation.

56k miles, the heater blend actuator went out a while back, haven't replaced it yet. Also had a boot on the CV joint tear, that was covered under warranty. A few issues with overheating, but haven't been able to track down a leak. Otherwise no major issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk