Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

What's your Fiesta ST suspension plan?

• Leave it stock

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Lowering Springs

Votes: 109 29.5%
  • Coil-Overs

Votes: 166 45.0%
  • Air Suspension

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

ronmcdon

the default spring rates are softer 5k/3k rates. however the default valving is a relatively stiffer 9 clicks from full stiff front, 12 clicks from full stiff rear (out of totaly 32 clicks of adjustment). given oem rates are 3k/2.5k, I think its fair to say the GT1 rates are on softer end but valving is a tad stiffer.

On the street its comfortable until I hit a big bump then its super harsh. On track driving if the surface not very smooth it will skip and pogo a lot on lower speeds.

I swapped out the springs to stiffer 8k/6k last week and softened dampening to 12 clicks front and rear from full stiff and prefer that a lot more to GT1 default setup on the street. Will test out track driving hopefully in May some time.

For those of you who have done the rear springs and struts, do you know if the top of the strut is a pillowball or solid type? Im looking at ordering some long travel ones for my '16 and Im not sure which type I should order. I appreciate any info!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I plan to go with Bilstein b6s in the future. I don't plan on lowering my car because I need all the clearance I can get for driving on gravel roads.