Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel spacers

I was planning to get 20mm spacers for the front and 25mm for the back. I wanted to know if it would be worth it to wait until I have mudflaps to help with kicking stuff up on the car. I have stock wheels and tires. Any suggestions appreciated!

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
How long until you plan on having the mudflaps? Drive on gravel roads? How bad is your winter? Those can somewhat change the answer you will get. If you think you will be kicking up large amounts of stuff over a long period of time, I would wait for the flaps. If you live in Pleasantville with perfect dry roads and will be getting the flaps in a week, I would not worry.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
How long until you plan on having the mudflaps? Drive on gravel roads? How bad is your winter? Those can somewhat change the answer you will get. If you think you will be kicking up large amounts of stuff over a long period of time, I would wait for the flaps. If you live in Pleasantville with perfect dry roads and will be getting the flaps in a week, I would not worry.
I live in Western NC (lots of different weather) so I suppose if I get the wheel spacers first I will probably get the flaps soon after. I don’t drive on gravel much, but we get plenty of rain and a decent amount of snow here so the flaps are a good idea I think.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Why so much spacer? 25mm is like an inch. If you want a wider stance and wheel poke, find some fox-body wheels in 17x8 with a mid 20s offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoomsdayMelody

Why so much spacer? 25mm is like an inch. If you want a wider stance and wheel poke, find some fox-body wheels in 17x8 with a mid 20s offset.

Can we safely run that offset?

A kid in the facebook groups (Zachary Bailey) runs 20mm spacers all around on Focus SVT wheels, which i do believe are the same size and offset as factory FiST wheels. It looks really good, I honestly wouldn't advise going any wider than that.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
You can run a 20mm spacer safely with extended studs. ( i dont like the ones that bolt to factory studs and then have their own studs to mount the wheels, seen a lot of wheels come off) or you can run a 7 inch wide wheel with a 20 offset. Or an 8' with a 30.
This being said i would not run them in winter. I did it and the snow and ice had no room to escape the fender well and ended up always dragging on the tires. It sounded horrible and murdered my rear fender liners. I dont have mudflaps. Which could only compound the space issue. Id say if youre gonna run agressive offset. Get yourself a proper set of steelies and snow tires, and save the good stuff for summertime.

I was planning to get 20mm spacers for the front and 25mm for the back. I wanted to know if it would be worth it to wait until I have mudflaps to help with kicking stuff up on the car. I have stock wheels and tires. Any suggestions appreciated!
I went 15 in the front and 20 in the rear and the fitment was damn near perfect to me. Even the 15mm in the front rubbed a good bit