Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel suggestions? Grabbing a dedicated 'summer' set

@Dpro - I appreciate the candor. Love my FiST (only four months in and three were on all-season tires).

I never flipped through so many wheel and tire choices as with this car.

I have an eclectic taste when it comes to cars, boats and other machinery. Muscle cars to hot hatches. It's all good.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
@Dpro - I appreciate the candor. Love my FiST (only four months in and three were on all-season tires).

I never flipped through so many wheel and tire choices as with this car.

I have an eclectic taste when it comes to cars, boats and other machinery. Muscle cars to hot hatches. It's all good.
Interesting as I have always felt we are limited :LOL:. Oh and congrats on choosing the FiST through all the cars I have owned few have grabbed me immediately saying take me drive me.

OP
NATYPE
Thread Starter #23
Well after some back and forth through multiple tire options all going out of stock after after ordering I’ve somehow ended up on these. Possibly incredibly impractical, but given I’ll have the 52‘s back with tires within 30 days I should be fine even if they’re a pain on the street. We’ll see though! Will be fun just to feel the difference and compare to what I’m used to. Have a good enough strategy for initial heat cycling and they‘ll get me back on the road right when the car is finished with repairs which was the initial need. Enjoy the dog in the background! :ROFLMAO: EDC2613F-1C63-4F31-884E-0BBE5F391030.jpeg C0527A6C-8414-4BCF-B1E6-F0A6F6084695.jpeg
Konig Dekagram 16x8 + Toyo Proxes R888R 205x50

Compared to my last order from Fitment Industries that came via freight this showed up as four different packages from FedEx with no need for a signature etc. Interesting but conveniently painless since they were almost 10 days early!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those gumballs are gonna spoil you for any other tire you put on the 52s, save for 660s, AR-1 Nankangs, or Yok 052s. [wink] [driving]

OP
NATYPE
Thread Starter #25
So I haven't had to deal with any rain and it's been hot with I swear to god freshly repaved roads popping up all around me... I've also only had the ST back for a few days but holy shit. What a combo. They're super loud honestly, and like I said wet traction is yet to be determined (expecting the worst) but I can't even break traction in first gear on E30. And based on what I expected from others observations the whole front end of the car is so much calmer when you're not breaking traction so easily. Maybe 600ish miles on them so far.

Other fun observations, literally drove them over gravel and sand (parents driveway) with almost nothing to speak of sticking. Have clearly caught a rock or two while driving though. The balance of comfort and performance on 16x8 vs 17x7.5 doing what I can to imagine out the differences coming from tire choice is cool to experience. Weight savings feels like the biggest upgrade compared to my Podium's but it's better in every category really. Also think the look on stock suspension is pretty damn chunky in a good way without too much gap. I can already get it to rub in conditions you shouldn't be in on the street though so I'm not planning on going any lower now.

So much fun.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So I haven't had to deal with any rain and it's been hot with I swear to god freshly repaved roads popping up all around me... I've also only had the ST back for a few days but holy shit. What a combo. They're super loud honestly, and like I said wet traction is yet to be determined (expecting the worst) but I can't even break traction in first gear on E30. And based on what I expected from others observations the whole front end of the car is so much calmer when you're not breaking traction so easily. Maybe 600ish miles on them so far.

Other fun observations, literally drove them over gravel and sand (parents driveway) with almost nothing to speak of sticking. Have clearly caught a rock or two while driving though. The balance of comfort and performance on 16x8 vs 17x7.5 doing what I can to imagine out the differences coming from tire choice is cool to experience. Weight savings feels like the biggest upgrade compared to my Podium's but it's better in every category really. Also think the look on stock suspension is pretty damn chunky in a good way without too much gap. I can already get it to rub in conditions you shouldn't be in on the street though so I'm not planning on going any lower now.

So much fun.
If you like those you will love RT660’s . Quite and even more stick. my new 215/45‘s are dope

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also think the look on stock suspension is pretty damn chunky in a good way without too much gap. I can already get it to rub in conditions you shouldn't be in on the street though so I'm not planning on going any lower now.
You really should not be rubbing too much with those, on the factory suspension, unless their super glue-like stick is inducing much, MUCH more body roll/lean on turns than my same wheel/tire size setup (also on the factory suspension), only on Neo Gens. [wink]

Turns out ALL of the rubbing I was experiencing with this 24.1" tall, and fairly wide section width setup was due to the shoulders/tread/side walls of the Neo Gens rubbing against the front Rally Armor mud flap mounting bracket nuts on hard turns/braking.

Now that those are off of the car, it seems dead silent (i.e.; NO rubbing at all) even on 'banging' right turns on the street, to the point of the tail swinging out on me.
Then again, my hearing is most likely 1/20th (or less) of what yours is, so maybe there is still some rubbing, but I'm just not hearing it? [dunno]

BTW; One of the reasons I went with the 205/50s over the 'go to' 205/45s is to reduce that wheel gap on the factory suspension, which becomes even more Safari rally-like yet, with the 205/45s (I did NOT do it for the 'cushiness' like most others claim as the rationale). [wink]