Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where do you keep your Accessport?

Affixed to my dash mount, unless I'm somewhere dicey (then it's the armrest cubby)... but now I'm nervous about it!

Mine sits in the glovebox disconnected. I don't really monitor anything regularly and I keep it in the glovebox in case I have to emergency flash back to 91 if I can't find an e85 station (happened once). I used to mount it on my dash but when I got pulled over the cop knew it was an 'illegal modification'. I also don't need to give thieves a reason to break into my car.

Maybe its my PTSD but I don't need my AP in plain sight.
Is it really illegal? Like if a cop sees it on the dash, they have cause to pull us over?

Easy to see, I had this mount before I got the AP so I didn't have to buy a new one. I've been thinking about trying a magnetic vent or dash mount. I'll have to buy one to test it, I've seen the pictures here and it seems it's too low.

Mine is in the same place but lower as the cord doesn't reach that far up, so it sits just above the AC vent.

You guys leaving them in your car are nuts. I've had my cars broken into more times than I can count, most of which they slash the soft top on my Jeep to get at..... the change in the ash tray. I even leave the doors unlocked so I can stop replacing windows and they don't care, damn crackheads. I've also had two motorcycles stolen. Leave NOTHING of value, sentimental value, or even a half eaten Snickers bar in the car, people WILL steal it.

SrsBsns

You guys leaving them in your car are nuts. I've had my cars broken into more times than I can count, most of which they slash the soft top on my Jeep to get at..... the change in the ash tray. I even leave the doors unlocked so I can stop replacing windows and they don't care, damn crackheads. I've also had two motorcycles stolen. Leave NOTHING of value, sentimental value, or even a half eaten Snickers bar in the car, people WILL steal it.
Damn, dude, that's some bad luck.

I had a motorcycle stolen too and it sucks so badly. I really need to get my own garage...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Jeebus. Y’all can keep your earthquakes and your mudslides. As if this weren’t enough for me to not move to Cali, this bullshit cinches it. I have issues with TX, but this kind of crap would NEVER fly here. Heck, I roll into my state inspection station with Cobb Stage 3 tune and a straight catless pipe, smelling obnoxious (the car, not me).

Pass every time. Because no emissions test and no visual inspection either. But I’d feel bad for the spotted owls, if we had any here. Heck, my firearm - chambered, safety on - is in the elbow rest cubby as they inspect. Yee-haw!
Depends on the county, we do emissions testing here in Collin county. We can have 1 not ready code, but no trouble codes. Anybody else needs to "know" somebody, or pay extra on the side.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
The only stealing most thieves do around here is on unlocked vehicles. Too many houses close together, too many guns.

I don't love guns, but I own one. I don't think I'd shoot somebody getting into my car. Breaking into my house is another story. I often leave the AP sitting in its' mount unless I'm in a questionable area which is rare. Usually I'm the poor riff-raff coming down the street.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You need to move big time. I have never had anything stolen from me other than a cell phone when I was a teenager at the pool.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I leave mine at home except for track days. When it is hooked up, I really like the Scosche - MagicMOUNT on the windshield
That's the mount I got. Good and cheap.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The only stealing most thieves do around here is on unlocked vehicles. Too many houses close together, too many guns.

I don't love guns, but I own one. I don't think I'd shoot somebody getting into my car. Breaking into my house is another story. I often leave the AP sitting in its' mount unless I'm in a questionable area which is rare. Usually I'm the poor riff-raff coming down the street.
Haaa we are opposites, i don't have a gun but if i did, id fire on anybody breaking into my car or house, save if they were small children. As it happens i live in a small conservative town, in a quite out of the way neighborhood and it's very dark and quiet, a thug with a flashlight would be an easy thing to spot. As for my AP i keep it further over than most i think. 20190829_133810.jpg

On of my weapons is a pretty cool hand blade, no idea what it's called or where it's from. A friend of mine gave it to me when he left for the Marines, had it for over a decade.

20190928_003016_HDR.jpg

Haaa we are opposites, i don't have a gun but if i did, id fire on anybody breaking into my car or house, save if they were small children. As it happens i live in a small conservative town, in a quite out of the way neighborhood and it's very dark and quiet, a thug with a flashlight would be an easy thing to spot. As for my AP i keep it further over than most i think. View attachment 23881

On of my weapons is a pretty cool hand blade, no idea what it's called or where it's from. A friend of mine gave it to me when he left for the Marines, had it for over a decade.

View attachment 23882

How did you change the screen background to the ST??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk