Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Where to find longblocks?

Lays

Hi guys, I have been wanting more power as of late, and want a spare motor to build so I can upgrade to a g25-550 or 660 from my S280. Car currently makes ~370 whp and 380 ft lb on 33-35 psi with aux on E40, but I really want to make 450-500.

I was just wondering if anyone had pointers on where to find a longblock, I heard the Escapes used our engine at one point, which year am I supposed to search for? Is it 13-15? I didn't see much on ebay, just a lot of other things that say "fits fiesta st" but had like base model non turbo engines.

One of my best friends works at a local machine shop, and his dad also works there, and they said they'd be willing to help me with sleeving the block & porting the head etc, so that'd save me a bunch of money.
I really want to wait for Adam @ tuneplus to finish his built motor program so I can order one, but I'm not sure I want to shill out like 8k for one.

If I do find a longblock, what is considered a decent enough price? Or a shortblock even, and I can re-use my current cylinder head.

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can provide, I appreciate it.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I recently priced a brand new long block from Ford, pricing online at a few different dealers. After core, it came out to about $2,000 which isn't bad at all. Obviously not going to hold your 450-500whp goal but its worth noting how dirt cheap these are from Ford.

I believe the 1.6T in the Fiesta ST, the Ford Transit, the Escape, and the fusion are all the same engine FWIW. Will help you when looking at used parts/junkyards. I've seen them priced anywhere from 700-1200 depending on condition and age.

Also not sure if you saw Adam's most recent youtube post but I think he's maxing out the G25-550 turbo around 420whp. Not sure that turbo has much more in it

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #4
I recently priced a brand new long block from Ford, pricing online at a few different dealers. After core, it came out to about $2,000 which isn't bad at all. Obviously not going to hold your 450-500whp goal but its worth noting how dirt cheap these are from Ford.

I believe the 1.6T in the Fiesta ST, the Ford Transit, the Escape, and the fusion are all the same engine FWIW. Will help you when looking at used parts/junkyards. I've seen them priced anywhere from 700-1200 depending on condition and age.

Also not sure if you saw Adam's most recent youtube post but I think he's maxing out the G25-550 turbo around 420whp. Not sure that turbo has much more in it
He said in the video it still had 4-6 psi left, and that he ran out of fueling. I'd imagine it will make that 450whp goal he discussed. I believe he also mentioned that motor was a budget oriented build using a lot of what the customer already had.

I did a little pricing online too, maybe it's better to just grab a new cylinder block & crank, since I'd be putting different internals anyways? hmm..

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club
He said in the video it still had 4-6 psi left, and that he ran out of fueling. I'd imagine it will make that 450whp goal he discussed. I believe he also mentioned that motor was a budget oriented build using a lot of what the customer already had.

I did a little pricing online too, maybe it's better to just grab a new cylinder block & crank, since I'd be putting different internals anyways? hmm..
I thought I saw something about him bumping up the boost by 3 PSI and there was no added benefit, hence the turbo is creeping out of its efficiency range?

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #6
I thought I saw something about him bumping up the boost by 3 PSI and there was no added benefit, hence the turbo is creeping out of its efficiency range?
That was on methanol if I remember right, he concluded in the video later saying he thought the methanol could be bad. I think he mentioned being able to run 34-36 on that turbo, but he had ran out of fuel pump in the tank.

OP
L

Lays

Thread Starter #8
Found what I was talking about .....It was on a FB post where he talks about how this turbo is likely out of steam.
View attachment 37926
Well that's good, now I know that won't work for my situation 🤣

Either way, I need to build the motor first unless I Yolo and blow up the stock one, lol