Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
whats the verdict? try to describe the nature of the change to the sound. clips are great but most mics aren't capable of accurately reproducing the exhaust music.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I know there's a lot of great ones, but I kinda want to design and maybe build my own just because I like doing that sort of thing. I was looking at a whoosh catted downpipe and 3" 304 with a vibrant bottle res in the middle and a vibrant ultra quiet in the back. If I got drone I can just record the sound and figure out how long a helmholtz I'd need to make. Would probably spend more, but I bonding with the car.

I wonder if the mbrp exhaust res is the same length as the vibrant bottle res. Off to google!

iso100

1000 Post Club
whats the verdict? try to describe the nature of the change to the sound. clips are great but most mics aren't capable of accurately reproducing the exhaust music.
Here you go:

For those of you curious. Here's a before/after video of adding a Vibrant 1047 muffler to the back of an MBRP 409 stainless exhaust. My car has a CP-E catted downpipe.

You'll need headphones to really hear a difference but in terms of qualitative differences:
* less of that hollow ringing "tractor" noise at idle and cold-start
* much less overall interior noise
* noticeably less drone at highway speeds
* deep bass note retained

https://youtu.be/Vj3Qa8zH3yI
Thanks to Mitch Levy at CP-E for the install.

Need to add GReddy to the list.

Finally came available last week, I bought it and received and installed yesterday.

I’m currently using the milltek non res 2.75 exhaust. It’s QUIET, minimal drone. I do have an issue with the muffler hitting and vibrating under the car, will bend the hangers a bit. Other than that, idk why anyone would buy the resonated one when then one isn’t even loud lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Need to add GReddy to the list.

Finally came available last week, I bought it and received and installed yesterday.
I've mentioned to add Thermal R&D as well but it has not been added from a year ago....there are tons of owners that are running it[crazyeye]

I almost bought one, almost

Yeah I had been waiting since they were announced. I verified with them that it was a full 3' system all the way through with no taper. I called them so many times getting updates on when it was supposed to be in that they knew who I was when I started talking haha. I actually had to call them to update the site to make them available for purchase because two days after they got them, it still showed unavail. So that said I should be the first one with one installed. Going to work on sound clips this week.

Yeah I had been waiting since they were announced. I verified with them that it was a full 3' system all the way through with no taper. I called them so many times getting updates on when it was supposed to be in that they knew who I was when I started talking haha. I actually had to call them to update the site to make them available for purchase because two days after they got them, it still showed unavail. So that said I should be the first one with one installed. Going to work on sound clips this week.
There is someone in here with the prototype on already, I’d been bugging him for awhile for sound clips etc lol. Sounds pretty good

I've mentioned to add Thermal R&D as well but it has not been added from a year ago....there are tons of owners that are running it[crazyeye]
I almost went that route. Would have if the GReddy had tapered down. I also would have waited to buy one of these off you, but they said that it was gonna be a bit before they got any of their suppliers loaded. And well....... Im a typical impatient American lol. I have other stuff to buy still so I don't feel too terrible [deviltail]

There is someone in here with the prototype on already, I’d been bugging him for awhile for sound clips etc lol. Sounds pretty good

Thanks for raining on my parade lol, but yeah so far it sounds pretty good. I expect that the sound will change a bit over time, but I will be working with a co worker to get side by side comparisons. He is completely stock, and I am now full stage 3. Ill post the video when I have it ready. Just waiting on this guy to get his crap together haha.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I almost went that route. Would have if the GReddy had tapered down. I also would have waited to buy one of these off you, but they said that it was gonna be a bit before they got any of their suppliers loaded. And well....... Im a typical impatient American lol. I have other stuff to buy still so I don't feel too terrible [deviltail]
what do you mean tapered down?
and thanks for that! I'm waiting for some haha

what do you mean tapered down?
and thanks for that! I'm waiting for some haha
Tapered down at the downpipe flange. Ive noticed a few photos where it looks like 99% is a 3 inch pipe and then reduced to 2.5. I was under the impression that the thermal was that way, and for that reason you had the adapter? I had contacted GReddy to verify that its 3 inch all the way through. They confirmed, and then I checked it out yesterday. Its legit. I like it. I hope you sell a bunch because I would love to see GReddy get more parts made for the Fiesta.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Tapered down at the downpipe flange. Ive noticed a few photos where it looks like 99% is a 3 inch pipe and then reduced to 2.5. I was under the impression that the thermal was that way, and for that reason you had the adapter? I had contacted GReddy to verify that its 3 inch all the way through. They confirmed, and then I checked it out yesterday. Its legit. I like it. I hope you sell a bunch because I would love to see GReddy get more parts made for the Fiesta.
that's great it's 3" all the way through
what did they provide for the stock exhaust connection if the flange is 3"?
how do they mate that to a stock downpipe is what I'm asking or even some 2.5" downpipes ???
just curious since I have not seen one in person yet

that's great it's 3" all the way through
what did they provide for the stock exhaust connection if the flange is 3"?
how do they mate that to a stock downpipe is what I'm asking or even some 2.5" downpipes ???
just curious since I have not seen one in person yet
It didnt come with anything extra outside of the gaskets. They claim that they bolted right up to the factory downpipe as their test car was stock apart from the exhaust. Im running a Cobb Downpipe, else I would have better info for stock fitment, but it fits great and looks to mate up with stock fine with how thick the stock flange already was. I should have taken more pictures before I installed.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice, high quality system. [thumb]

But I would have to black satin/'Glacier' Cerakote the whole back section from the last flange out, and maybe even weld my Ultimate Racing turn down tip on in place of the one that system comes with. ;)

I went with the Cobb cat back. It doesn't have a loud tone to it unless you get on it and no drone at cruise.