Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
That looks like the way to go for the BT/big power folks, especially since DaVinci seems to be somewhat unreliable in their ability to keep fabricators on board, in order to supply the DHM clones they list on their site. ;)
Yea we'll see if it's the way to go. I'm gonna go with the stage 3 cooler. The competition is just too much, although I either want to make or get a race crash bar so I can have a tad more air flow.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yea we'll see if it's the way to go. I'm gonna go with the stage 3 cooler. The competition is just too much, although I either want to make or get a race crash bar so I can have a tad more air flow.

a few things

we have the DeltaStyling front bumper cover on the way which will include the EU crash bar that will open up all EU intercooler options for US Fiesta owners

So much going on and coming it's tough to explain it all....just hang on and enjoy !

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
a few things

we have the DeltaStyling front bumper cover on the way which will include the EU crash bar that will open up all EU intercooler options for US Fiesta owners

So much going on and coming it's tough to explain it all....just hang on and enjoy !
But I don't like to wait......waaahahaha

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
a few things

Well great, more money to spend, thanks, thanks a lot.......hehe

TDavis

1000 Post Club
a few things

In for updates!

A crafts one with stock measures, all black.
To have more good results, I've deleted all the AC system with its radiator,which is placed in front of the water cooler [:D]

Anyone installed the Level direct fit intercooler?
https://levelsperformance.com/collections/fiesta-st/products/ford-fiesta-st-intercooler-upgrade

It's not small and it says that it requires no modifications. It's also pretty cheap I feel for the size. My concern is what's the point of being bigger if it's hidden behind the crash bar? I would think it would not be as effective as one that might be a bit smaller, but fully under the crash bar?

Anyone installed the Level direct fit intercooler?
https://levelsperformance.com/collections/fiesta-st/products/ford-fiesta-st-intercooler-upgrade

It's not small and it says that it requires no modifications. It's also pretty cheap I feel for the size. My concern is what's the point of being bigger if it's hidden behind the crash bar? I would think it would not be as effective as one that might be a bit smaller, but fully under the crash bar?
I'd stay away from them. I had to file a CC dispute to get my money back after so many attempts to contact them failed, it was for that same intercooler.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey team. Will a better intercooler drop coolant temperatures...
No...but could raise them due to the intercooler blocking more of the radiator.....depending on how big you go.....I went with a whoosh intercooler and haven't seen any significant coolant temps go up. The ford factory 180 degree thermostat seems to be a good way to lower temps Vs. a radiator upgrade for $500+ now I've seen them go up lately. Whoosh sells the Thermostat now I believe...[raceflag]

Since our cars already come with a FMIC from the factory, it surprises me so many people here have "upgraded" to the whoosh intercooler which just looks like an ebay intercooler.

redmoe

With the whoosh fmic my 3rd gear pulls went from a 30 deg temp increase to 9 deg. That’s a pretty significant reduction in charge air temp. The whoosh unit is from a great guy that does a lot to support this platform so even if it is very similar to the eBay items I would rather spend the extra dough with a shop that puts time back into the community.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Since our cars already come with a FMIC from the factory, it surprises me so many people here have "upgraded" to the whoosh intercooler which just looks like an ebay intercooler.
congrats on your second post

our intercooler is a value brand and the price reflects it
it's also proven to do exactly as advertised
it improves greatly upon the plastic end tank heat soaking disaster Ford equipped the Fiesta with from the factory
if you'd like something more robust we have choices from just over $300 with our whoosh brand all the way up to our Pro Alloy that retails for almost $1600

With the whoosh fmic my 3rd gear pulls went from a 30 deg temp increase to 9 deg. That’s a pretty significant reduction in charge air temp. The whoosh unit is from a great guy that does a lot to support this platform so even if it is very similar to the eBay items I would rather spend the extra dough with a shop that puts time back into the community.
It looks exactly like the ebay intercooler with minor differences for double the price lol. I bet it's from the same factory in China.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It looks exactly like the ebay intercooler with minor differences for double the price lol. I bet it's from the same factory in China.
Are you just going to be one of those guys that post nothing but negative things? People like that intercooler and it comes with support and customer service ebay does not.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Sam4

Imagine something being made and exported from China in this day and age! Shocking! I though Canadians were supposed to be nice - no wonder Trump is sending troops to build the wall on the border! I for one don't want any more rapists and murderers swimming across a lake attacking my Woosh Intercooler. What?? Oh, never mind. Just put on yer toque and get some Tim Hortons, hoser.