Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
So, is the consensus that the CPE does not require any cutting or mods to fit?
Just installed one yesterday. I did end up shaving a few mm with a dremel from the inside of the bumper on the outermost edges of the grille that covers the FMIC. I probably could have shaved another mm or two, as while it fits, it JUST fits. But it was a very minor mod; even knowing I did it, I can’t tell unless my face is literally inches away from the bumper looking for it.

Just installed one yesterday. I did end up shaving a few mm with a dremel from the inside of the bumper on the outermost edges of the grille that covers the FMIC. I probably could have shaved another mm or two, as while it fits, it JUST fits. But it was a very minor mod; even knowing I did it, I can’t tell unless my face is literally inches away from the bumper looking for it.
Awesome thanks for the info. I just finished installing the new boost hoses about an hour ago. When you Say the bumper needed trimming, is it the actual bumper or the lower grille? I’m about 85% on just pulling the lower grille. I like the open look but it would provide at tad more protection for the IC. So if it’s shave it or remove I’ll probably just remove.

Awesome thanks for the info. I just finished installing the new boost hoses about an hour ago. When you Say the bumper needed trimming, is it the actual bumper or the lower grille? I’m about 85% on just pulling the lower grille. I like the open look but it would provide at tad more protection for the IC. So if it’s shave it or remove I’ll probably just remove.
I shaved both, namely where the grille clips into the bumper. I didn't go completely through the clip, but I'm sure I weakened it some. Even so, there's enough intact clips that I'm not worried about anything coming undone.

I wish I took pics of the bumper interior when I did it. But here's a few of the finished work.

I like the stealth look:
IMG_0783.JPEG

You can see it better if I get level with it:
IMG_0784.JPEG

This is a close-up of where I shaved the driver side. You can't really tell that I did anything, even this close.
IMG_0786.JPEG

And with the flash on. It looks like I trimmed a lot, but I really didn't. From the bottom of the grille to the top, it flares out a bit, so no need to trim above the bottom-most grille.
IMG_0787.JPEG

Hope this helps!

I shaved both, namely where the grille clips into the bumper. I didn't go completely through the clip, but I'm sure I weakened it some. Even so, there's enough intact clips that I'm not worried about anything coming undone.

I wish I took pics of the bumper interior when I did it. But here's a few of the finished work.

I like the stealth look:
View attachment 30197

You can see it better if I get level with it:
View attachment 30198

This is a close-up of where I shaved the driver side. You can't really tell that I did anything, even this close.
View attachment 30199

And with the flash on. It looks like I trimmed a lot, but I really didn't. From the bottom of the grille to the top, it flares out a bit, so no need to trim above the bottom-most grille.
View attachment 30200

Hope this helps!
Hmm. I’m loathe to shave the bumper. I don’t want to create an area where paint could start to peel from or something. 😕

I have my IC mounted but bumper not back on yet. So far I’ve had to shave the center bolt location for the air dam but don’t yet have it back on.

thanks for the info and pics. Really appreciate it.

Attachments

Done and done! The bumper is decidedly in contact with the end tanks on the IC but CPE instructions noted some contact is ok and it didn’t cause any of the bumper mounting points to be off or a stretch to line up. So the only shaving I had to do was the center air dam mounting piece noted above.

Attachments

Awesome! Looks good without the grille, too.

Question though, cuz I don’t remember seeing the part, where is that center air dam mounting piece located? I’m now wondering if that was something I should‘ve shaved, too!

Awesome! Looks good without the grille, too.

Question though, cuz I don’t remember seeing the part, where is that center air dam mounting piece located? I’m now wondering if that was something I should‘ve shaved, too!
Well, of course I didn’t take any pics of the front of the car with the stock IC still on (or off) but here is one from the side and underneath after mounting the CPE. It’s the center of the 3 lower bolt locations that the air damn bolts to. Which itself bolts to the radiator support surround (or whatever that’s called).

Attachments

Well, of course I didn’t take any pics of the front of the car with the stock IC still on (or off) but here is one from the side and underneath after mounting the CPE. It’s the center of the 3 lower bolt locations that the air damn bolts to. Which itself bolts to the radiator support surround (or whatever that’s called).
And it was a bit of a pain getting that thing in there. I loosely bolted the mount in place then I had to tape a piece of cardboard over that area of the back side of the IC to prevent messing up the fins, and use a thin open end wrench up and over the top of the IC then down the back side to tighten the bolt up for the mount. I could have chopped more of it off but I wanted it to rest up against the bottom of the IC as I believe that’s how it is with the stock IC.

I looked through my pics closer and found one showing the mount I had to notch. It’s the center one below the IC. And you can obviously see the other 2 for reference.

Attachments

I looked through my pics closer and found one showing the mount I had to notch. It’s the center one below the IC. And you can obviously see the other 2 for reference.
Awesome! I like how the notch that you cut out provides a bit of extra support. I think I may end up doing the same this weekend.

Thanks again for the pics!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I chose to elongate the hole on that center mounting piece rather than cut the mounting ledge. That way it keeps the orginal strength. (used Depot IC).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is it normal with an upgraded FMIC to see IAT’s 30-40 degrees above ambient? I’m running an e30 tune and it’s the first day with the new IC.

Brianmc27

Is it normal with an upgraded FMIC to see IAT’s 30-40 degrees above ambient? I’m running an e30 tune and it’s the first day with the new IC.
If you’re just sitting immobile then they can creep up. When you’re doing pulls the charger temps chld come down.

FMIC won’t affect Intake Air Temps

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^With a lift at ones disposal, most jobs on this car take ~1/3 or less time than using a jack/jackstands, with NO room to move under the car. [wink] [:(]

^^^With a lift at ones disposal, most jobs on this car take ~1/3 or less time than using a jack/jackstands, with NO room to move under the car. [wink] [:(]
Ha, exactly what I was thinking. My fav car jacking story so far was changing oil on Friday and starting to lower and there was a loud pop like a tire blowing. Look all around and can’t find what caused it. 🙄

For the traction bar I’d agree but for the FMIC there wasn’t much benefit by using the lift. In the future I’ll probably do it on the ground now that I know what’s needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk