Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters
Ha, exactly what I was thinking. My fav car jacking story so far was changing oil on Friday and starting to lower and there was a loud pop like a tire blowing. Look all around and can’t find what caused it. 🙄
Last time that happened to me it was a trimmed piece of a zip tie that had been sitting on its edge (it was fairly bent) and when I lowered the car the tire came down on it and it made a loud SNAP! sound when it flipped down on the ground under the weight. Absolutely harmless, but freaked me out.

Way back when I first got my car one of my first mods was a MTC intercooler. I’m just curious if I should upgrade when I install my mountune lip in the not too distant future. I was looking at the whoosh v3 and was curious if you all thought it would be worth the cash. I vaguely remember MTC being one of the preferred ic’s a while back. If I’m wrong please let me know but i just don’t want to spend the cash if it’s not an upgrade. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
How much better is a Whoosh V3 over a V1? I live in Houston so hot and humid and will probably stop at a Dizzy Stage 2 or equivalent.

Also, my FiST is white so should I go with a black or silver one? Thanks!

As you can see in the dyno testing protocol, an IC upgrade is fine:
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/mountune-intercooler.4512/page-2
Time stamp: Jul6, 2020
So if I’m understanding you right I won’t see any major gains upgrading my MTC ic with a whoosh v3. I did read up on the MTC a bit more (been a long tim since I’ve given my ic any thought) and it was common belief that it is the same core as the Cobb ic at the time. So I will more than likely pass on the ic and maybe put the cash towards a carbon fiber hood or euro headlights or suspension bracing bits. Thanks for the response.

Sorry, but I did not understood, you speak about your current car.
I thought you mean every car you had.
My dyno protocol shows difference between original and Mountune IC.
Not between MTC and Mountune.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So if I’m understanding you right I won’t see any major gains upgrading my MTC ic with a whoosh v3. I did read up on the MTC a bit more (been a long tim since I’ve given my ic any thought) and it was common belief that it is the same core as the Cobb ic at the time. So I will more than likely pass on the ic and maybe put the cash towards a carbon fiber hood or euro headlights or suspension bracing bits. Thanks for the response.
if you are running just tunes you will probably be fine. If you are upgrading your Turbo you might benefit from going from the MTC. I do not know the size of the MTC. That is what you would take into account.

How much better is a Whoosh V3 over a V1? I live in Houston so hot and humid and will probably stop at a Dizzy Stage 2 or equivalent.

Also, my FiST is white so should I go with a black or silver one? Thanks!
I’m running the V3 with a larger turbo with no issues. I live up north though. As for color, I went black but both units look amazing in person! Do you want flashy or to blend in? Here’s a pic of my setup .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed whoosh v3. It’s a tight fit but didn’t require any trimming. Took around 90 min start to finish to install the FMIC and a traction bar.

How are you liking that FMIC? I'm thinking of buying it, still not to sure tho. Its between whoosh or cobb for me

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
How are you liking that FMIC? I'm thinking of buying it, still not to sure tho. Its between whoosh or cobb for me
I bought the best one. USED...much cheaper. Depot Racing. Brand doesn't matter to me for an item so similar. But, to each their own.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

I love it. I’m s280 now and it’s still doing wonders with the larger turbo. The black finish also hasn’t chipped at all. I’m very happy with it.

Dead thread? Well I got a direct fit Mishimoto, looks great and came with an air dam. I was curious if anybody still reads this thread, what is your charge temps vs ambients? With an e30 tune and Whoosh hybrid, when I’m on the gas I’m usually 5-7 over ambient, curious to know how this compares to other setups.

I replaced my Mishimoto J-Line with a Whoosh V3 and it's significant. My charge temps never go over five degrees when I'm actually moving steadily and haven't observed charge temps go over ten degrees from ambient temps even when I'm idling for ten or fifteen minutes and when I get moving again, it's all good. I have to look at my datalogs to see what it does on pulls though.
I'm S280 on pump and about to be tuned for ethanol this week. E50.

Dead thread? Well I got a direct fit Mishimoto, looks great and came with an air dam. I was curious if anybody still reads this thread, what is your charge temps vs ambients? With an e30 tune and Whoosh hybrid, when I’m on the gas I’m usually 5-7 over ambient, curious to know how this compares to other setups.
I have a CPE and it works pretty darn well.

Highway driving its usually about that same 5-7 within ambient. But the most impressive thing I saw recently was sitting in stop and go in city traffic and it was over 90 out, so the IC was a it heat soaked. Traffic opened up so I gassed it. I saw the highest compressor outlet temp I've yet seen at 400 deg, and the post IC temp was 125. So yes, that was about 30 above ambient but I had just been sitting and it heat soaked, and it was still a 275 deg reduction in the temp of boost feeding into the IC.