Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

AzNightmare

Does IC
I replaced my Mishimoto J-Line with a Whoosh V3 and it's significant. My charge temps never go over five degrees when I'm actually moving steadily and haven't observed charge temps go over ten degrees from ambient temps even when I'm idling for ten or fifteen minutes and when I get moving again, it's all good. I have to look at my datalogs to see what it does on pulls though.
I'm S280 on pump and about to be tuned for ethanol this week. E50.
Do you have a dyno comparison between using the J-Line and Whoosh V3?

Just data logs. I dynoed my final 91 tune with the Mishimoto J-Line but I'll be dynoing my final 93 tune with the Whoosh V3 as well as my e50 tune.

Been meaning to post up the data logs and I will sometime this week.

AzNightmare

Just data logs. I dynoed my final 91 tune with the Mishimoto J-Line but I'll be dynoing my final 93 tune with the Whoosh V3 as well as my e50 tune.

Been meaning to post up the data logs and I will sometime this week.
For a form of control and experiment, it would be nice to see how much power difference there is between the J-Line and Whoosh V3 under the same fuel octane.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It would be nice but I probably won't do that. Not on a real dyno but perhaps virtual and the Accessport.
If you keep all your logs you can just send them to me and I’ll put them in vdyno for comparison. It shouldn’t make any difference on one or two pulls but as heat builds over multiple pulls or on the track, you’ll maintain the same power for longer by keeping charge temps down via bigger intercooler.

If you keep all your logs you can just send them to me and I’ll put them in vdyno for comparison. It shouldn’t make any difference on one or two pulls but as heat builds over multiple pulls or on the track, you’ll maintain the same power for longer by keeping charge temps down via bigger intercooler.
If that's the case, I can send you logs on the 91 tune for the Mishimoto J-Line and just get back on 91 and do several pulls on the V3 and send it to you for everyone to see.

Have to wait a bit until I empty this tank and I am currently tuning for ethanol

dhminer

2000 Post Club
If that's the case, I can send you logs on the 91 tune for the Mishimoto J-Line and just get back on 91 and do several pulls on the V3 and send it to you for everyone to see.

Have to wait a bit until I empty this tank and I am currently tuning for ethanol
That’ll work homie

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Does anyone know how much pressure drop the whoosh V3 intercooler has?

I’ve wondered if the V1 makes more sense for the stock turbo.

AzNightmare

Does anyone know how much pressure drop the whoosh V3 intercooler has?

I’ve wondered if the V1 makes more sense for the stock turbo.
Generally, the V1 intercooler is for stock turbo.
V3 is recommended when going BT.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
For sure, but the v3 won’t hurt on stock turbo so why not?
It's definitely a tighter fit, and I noticed a loss in tip-in response going from E30 on stock piping to E30 on the V3. Nothing I haven't gotten used to, but it's there.

Tune+ also said some people lose power increasing their piping on the stock turbo. If the turbo can't make up for the pressure loss, there may be not be a benefit to the lower boost temperatures.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's definitely a tighter fit, and I noticed a loss in tip-in response going from E30 on stock piping to E30 on the V3. Nothing I haven't gotten used to, but it's there.

Tune+ also said some people lose power increasing their piping on the stock turbo. If the turbo can't make up for the pressure loss, there may be not be a benefit to the lower boost temperatures.
I always thought that this would not happen until one goes to the BA, DHM, or Pro Alloy sized ICs on the factory snail (and why I avoided those since I knew I was NEVER going to go huge BT, or even S280).

So, if I ever get around to installing my CP-E, there will be pressure drop at the cold side output? [dunno]

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I always thought that this would not happen until one goes to the BA, DHM, or Pro Alloy sized ICs on the factory snail (and why I avoided those since I knew I was NEVER going to go huge BT, or even S280).

So, if I ever get around to installing my CP-E, there will be pressure drop at the cold side output? [dunno]
They claim “low pressure drop” on their IC, but I didn’t see any data for their claim.

Looks like the Depo is the way to go. I have one on the way. Had real good results in my FoST with the depo monster.

Anyone know of any fitment issues? Watched a ton of videos looking for issues but haven't seen any.

Anybody have hard opinions on a Whoosh V1 vs a Depo Racing? Specs are very similar.
Whoosh: 28" long x 6.25" high x 3" thick
Depo: 28” x 6” x 3”
Both are (as far as I can tell) Bar and Plate cores.

I'm never going to progress past intake bolt-ons (filter, induction hose, spark plugs) running e30, pretty much a standard Stage 2 setup. Is there any reason to look beyond these two affordable options?

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Anybody have hard opinions on a Whoosh V1 vs a Depo Racing? Specs are very similar.
Whoosh: 28" long x 6.25" high x 3" thick
Depo: 28” x 6” x 3”
Both are (as far as I can tell) Bar and Plate cores.

I'm never going to progress past intake bolt-ons (filter, induction hose, spark plugs) running e30, pretty much a standard Stage 2 setup. Is there any reason to look beyond these two affordable options?
In my opinion, no. I would switch from a V3 to a V1 if I cared enough to pull the front bumper off again.

In my opinion, no. I would switch from a V3 to a V1 if I cared enough to pull the front bumper off again.
Nice. Thank you for the quick reply!

Now I've gotta see if Ron is gonna be running any deals in the near future, since the Depo is $10 cheaper.