Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh BBK

Magnetic

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience with the Whoosh BBK? I'm in the market for brakes and figured I should just go with a BBK. I'm looking at the EBC, Willwood and the Whoosh kit.

How's the stopping power? Is a spacer needed? Are the calipers actually larger as most BBK's are? They look beefier than the stock but not sure if they're also longer. (I'd like to fill up as much space inside the rim as possible)

1629664849282.png

Thanks in advance!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Stopping power is phenomenal. I never used the pads that came with it, I upgraded. Spacer depends on the wheel. What wheels are you using? Calipers are large AF, 4 piston. I have a build thread with more photos if interested, otherwise ask away.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #4
Stopping power is phenomenal. I never used the pads that came with it, I upgraded. Spacer depends on the wheel. What wheels are you using? Calipers are large AF, 4 piston. I have a build thread with more photos if interested, otherwise ask away.
Thanks for the response!

Right now I have the stock 17's it came with but I plan to get new wheels next year. (17's as well) What pads did you upgrade to?

Yeah I would love to check out the thread.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #5
Stopping power is as only good as the tires you have on your car....BTW. Awesome brakes on shitty tires is like the definition of insanity.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Agreed!

I'll be getting 4 new Azenis RT660's put on this weekend and some Ksport suspension so I should be good. (I hope)

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the response!

Right now I have the stock 17's it came with but I plan to get new wheels next year. (17's as well) What pads did you upgrade to?

Yeah I would love to check out the thread.
I run the 16" Whoosh kit on 16x8 rpf1s, have done a couple 8/10ths track days and they worked awesome. Used EBC Yellowstuff so far but have some blue stuff pads to try as well. I run 5mm spacers but I don't think I need to, going to take them off when I change pads.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #7
I run the 16" Whoosh kit on 16x8 rpf1s, have done a couple 8/10ths track days and they worked awesome. Used EBC Yellowstuff so far but have some blue stuff pads to try as well. I run 5mm spacers but I don't think I need to, going to take them off when I change pads.
Good to know! The reason why I'm interested in them is because they're a similar design to the EBC Apollo 4's. (Which seemed like a great design because of the larger diameter pistons potentially having more surface clamp areas than the Willwoods)

Can you post the link to your build thread?

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #8
Also, does anyone have photos of what the Whoosh 330mm calipers look like on factory 17's?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Good to know! The reason why I'm interested in them is because they're a similar design to the EBC Apollo 4's. (Which seemed like a great design because of the larger diameter pistons potentially having more surface clamp areas than the Willwoods)

Can you post the link to your build thread?
They are a clone of either an EBC or AP kit. Very high quality.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Showing up to this a little late but stopping power is atleast double what it was with the sticky summer tires I use. I was riding on 615ks and just recently made the swap to 660s. Overall, the powdercoat is nice and thick and holds up well to abuse, I feel very comfortable now letting my car go as fast as it can when before it was very sketch. The calipers I have are the 330mm and.... They are very sizable. If you have 17s, compare the inside of the rim to the rotor you have on now, the inside of the rim will be your new rotors. I love the kit and I think he's found an awesome price for it.

Sent from my IN2019 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also to answer your other questions, yes the calipers are large and your gonna need spacers but it'll depend on your rims. I run rpf1s and need 15mm spacers minimum

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #12
Showing up to this a little late but stopping power is atleast double what it was with the sticky summer tires I use. I was riding on 615ks and just recently made the swap to 660s. Overall, the powdercoat is nice and thick and holds up well to abuse, I feel very comfortable now letting my car go as fast as it can when before it was very sketch. The calipers I have are the 330mm and.... They are very sizable. If you have 17s, compare the inside of the rim to the rotor you have on now, the inside of the rim will be your new rotors. I love the kit and I think he's found an awesome price for it.

This is great info. Thanks!

I'm starting to lean more towards the Whoosh kit. I could tell from the photos of the blue caliper the finish was very nice.

Are they lighter than stock? If soe how much? (if anyone knows)

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #13
Also to answer your other questions, yes the calipers are large and your gonna need spacers but it'll depend on your rims. I run rpf1s and need 15mm spacers minimum

Right now i'm on the stock wheels it came with but plan to get lighter wheels next year. (17's)

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #15
I didn't weigh them but I can do that next time I have them off.
It would be a bonus for sure. That's one of the reasons I was considering the Willwood kit. I think it's 10lbs lighter on each side.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone know how much clearance there is with Ron's 15" kit, and whether or not it requires spacers to work, even for a 15x7 wheel (Method MR501VTs)?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
It would be a bonus for sure. That's one of the reasons I was considering the Willwood kit. I think it's 10lbs lighter on each side.
Wilwood brakes are shit. They damn near killed my buddy in his Fiesta at Hutchinson Island. Avoid them if you track.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wilwood brakes are shit. They damn near killed my buddy in his Fiesta at Hutchinson Island. Avoid them if you track.
I'm hoping to run willies one day. Mind elaborating? They lock up? Fade?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
In my experience, Wilwood calipers have too much porosity.
They do work fine but require a lot of maintenance.
For most, they work okay on the street.
However, on the track you need to check them more often.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I'm hoping to run willies one day. Mind elaborating? They lock up? Fade?
They (seals and pads) completely melted and the pistons came out. His screen name here is AccelJunky. Pretty sure he posted pics and info on his build thread. Wilwood pretty much blamed him for running what they recommended lol. It was a weird situation. He hasn’t had a Fiesta in years and isn’t active here anymore.

Joe at 2J has a different kit that he swears works fine for track but I wouldn’t use them. He raced his kit on a Fiesta for a year or so and apparently it was fine. To each their own... I’d rather live than be weight conscious about my brakes.

Ron’s 330 kit combined with Goldcoast’s RS rear kit should be stout for track use but it would be a good idea to shoot him an email for confirmation.

Last edited: