Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh crossover and turbo inlet review - Never thought it would solve my traction issues!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Long, long resolved, I did have a leak on the silicone from crossover to inlet, but some good info for the record! I've also learned a lot about tuning since this original discussion and indeed some great info for others to know.
It was only 9 days ago! Lol!

Yes but that leak wouldn't cause you to have lower boost numbers. I think I had a leak there too when i installed mine the first time. The coupler is meant for aftermarket crossovers with a stock inlet. Its far too long for anything else.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
It was only 9 days ago! Lol!

Yes but that leak wouldn't cause you to have lower boost numbers. I think I had a leak there too when i installed mine the first time. The coupler is meant for aftermarket crossovers with a stock inlet. Its far too long for anything else.
9 days ago I made a post yes, but what you quoted was my update from almost 6 months ago, just to be clear. :) But seriously, it's good to have the info you provided as general guidance, it's really good stuff!

And obviously I was using both aftermarket crossover and inlet, it came as a complete set with the silicone actually, and I do believe Ron updated the silicone piece later.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
9 days ago I made a post yes, but what you quoted was my update from almost 6 months ago, just to be clear. :) But seriously, it's good to have the info you provided as general guidance, it's really good stuff!

And obviously I was using both aftermarket crossover and inlet, it came as a complete set with the silicone actually, and I do believe Ron updated the silicone piece later.
just read through this
we've never had a complaint or firment issue with the inlet, crossover pipe or coupler that ships with the pipe. This is the first I've seen. We also have not revised the fitment. It's the same from the write up in our section which was our very first production run and we have one of the newest chrome powder coated crossovers on our 2018 Magnetic. Fits perfect

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

Everyone keeps getting stuck on the "boost pressure" numbers and its really not important. It WAS important on my Subarus, and my turbo Hondas, because they were tuned with a boost target. All these kids on FB keep posting about their peak boost numbers and its really the most irrelevant piece of data on our APs.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Everyone keeps getting stuck on the "boost pressure" numbers and its really not important. It WAS important on my Subarus, and my turbo Hondas, because they were tuned with a boost target. All these kids on FB keep posting about their peak boost numbers and its really the most irrelevant piece of data on our APs.
Agreed... it was just with the timing of the mod install it seemed strange, but I've also seen some adaptation occur within a tune over the first 100 miles of flashing, new mods and of course weather as well... It's even more ridiculous to worry about PEAK boost when a tune with too high of a target there can have issues as well.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
just read through this
we've never had a complaint or firment issue with the inlet, crossover pipe or coupler that ships with the pipe. This is the first I've seen. We also have not revised the fitment. It's the same from the write up in our section which was our very first production run and we have one of the newest chrome powder coated crossovers on our 2018 Magnetic. Fits perfect
Well, it definitely has plenty of extra length, but it indeed slid in just fine, it just needed plenty of extra tightening down as well and I just ignore the extra length over hanging off the clamps. And I thought you personally mentioned here or another thread that you were revising something on the silicone fitment?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Well, it definitely has plenty of extra length, but it indeed slid in just fine, it just needed plenty of extra tightening down as well and I just ignore the extra length over hanging off the clamps. And I thought you personally mentioned here or another thread that you were revising something on the silicone fitment?
the hose is better to be longer than too short. You can slide the 2.75" ID side as far up on the crossover pipe as needed to match the stock or whoosh inlet perfectly

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
the hose is better to be longer than too short. You can slide the 2.75" ID side as far up on the crossover pipe as needed to match the stock or whoosh inlet perfectly
Exactly, no worries, it does work just fine. I'm sure there needs to be extra length to accommodate different setups.