Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh Hybrid?

Hello everyone! I am looking to finally get a downpipe and tune for my bean. I have a green filter and mishimoto upgraded intake piping and a whoosh v3 intercooler. I have been debating adding a whoosh hybrid to the cart as well and wanted to know peoples thoughts. I have driven faster cars before and I don't doubt the jump in power from a stock will be manageable. But will the car handle as well without an LSD? I may stick to downpipe and tune for now but I would like to hear some other opinions. Also how have y'all enjoyed your hybrids?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hello everyone! I am looking to finally get a downpipe and tune for my bean. I have a green filter and mishimoto upgraded intake piping and a whoosh v3 intercooler. I have been debating adding a whoosh hybrid to the cart as well and wanted to know peoples thoughts. I have driven faster cars before and I don't doubt the jump in power from a stock will be manageable. But will the car handle as well without an LSD? I may stick to downpipe and tune for now but I would like to hear some other opinions. Also how have y'all enjoyed your hybrids?
Your car will be fine without LSD. I drive a BT FiST with all the accompanying mods. It can help....but its not Needed. Do you plan on dragging or auto crossing? Or just Street driving? If just street driving I'd say you will be OK. Torque steer is very manageable in the FiST. If you want to help with traction. Get some summer tires of your choice....it will be a noticeable difference between them and an A/s tire. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Your car will be fine without LSD. I drive a BT FiST with all the accompanying mods. It can help....but its not Needed. Do you plan on dragging or auto crossing? Or just Street driving? If just street driving I'd say you will be OK. Torque steer is very manageable in the FiST. If you want to help with traction. Get some summer tires of your choice....it will be a noticeable difference between them and an A/s tire. Good luck!

I plan on street driving and some autocross/track use occasionally. I currently am running a 225/45/16 Dunlop Direzza Z3s on a Konig Dekagram so I am set on tires haha.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well you are half way there....Now all you have to do is the Turbo install and tune and your ready to go!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
you can run it without a LSD I am one who happens to think a LSD added into the mix spells awesome. My plan is for both a Turbo upgrade and a LSD its just a matter of which one wins first in the selection. That will probably be determined by a deal.

why do you want a downpipe? they don't make power gains with your mods / planned mods

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
why do you want a downpipe? they don't make power gains with your mods / planned mods
Downpipe is required for hybrid turbo and shooting flames is always a plus

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brianmc27

Downpipe is required for hybrid turbo and shooting flames is always a plus

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Many run a hybrid on the OE downpipe, I donā€™t think it will limit you. Flames, however, thatā€™s a different story.

16 FiST here. Went Cobb Stage 3. Then Whoosh Hybrid with extrude manifold. On 4th revision with Dizzy tuning on 93. I also installed single port aux Whoosh kit. Once 93 tuning is done, we will add in the aux fuel .... then do E30. All the power up top is just mind blowing.... and it spools up so damn fast. I really can't tell much of a difference from stock. Anyway, i'm on stock rims with some cheap ass Federal tires and no LSD. Doing fine so far. Just grip with that left hand/arm/forearm and go baby lol. I just drive on the street. She's my daily. I love her lol. I have a 15 WRX "stage 3" and it's an amazing fun car.... but this FiST is funner.... to me... in a different way. I keep doing research on what rims/tires to get. I want to get the widest stickiest tires i can. A/S? Summer? i donno what i wanna do.... lol

cfmillz

16 FiST here. Went Cobb Stage 3. Then Whoosh Hybrid with extrude manifold. On 4th revision with Dizzy tuning on 93. I also installed single port aux Whoosh kit. Once 93 tuning is done, we will add in the aux fuel .... then do E30. All the power up top is just mind blowing.... and it spools up so damn fast. I really can't tell much of a difference from stock. Anyway, i'm on stock rims with some cheap ass Federal tires and no LSD. Doing fine so far. Just grip with that left hand/arm/forearm and go baby lol. I just drive on the street. She's my daily. I love her lol. I have a 15 WRX "stage 3" and it's an amazing fun car.... but this FiST is funner.... to me... in a different way. I keep doing research on what rims/tires to get. I want to get the widest stickiest tires i can. A/S? Summer? i donno what i wanna do.... lol
what you mean you can't tell a difference from stock? you saying your new turbo makes no difference?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Sounds like he's saying he can't tell the difference in spool time between whoosh and stock turbo not power.
I'm known to skim over things quickly too but his message is pretty clear
"All the power up top is just mind blowing.... and it spools up so damn fast. I really can't tell much of a difference from stock"

I run around just fine on the street with summer tires and an open diff. With the winter tires on the car paired the hybrid it is an utter shitshow.

Practice your contortionist skills before you install. Get familiar with your 1/4" ratchet.

The exhaust manifold port matching from the factory is horrific. While I had mine out to install the hybrid I ported it a bit. I'd do it again, honestly I enjoy the car more. IMHO no reason to fool with the downpipe unless you want to get a crackle tune. The hybrid makes the car what it should have been - mo fun!