Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports shop car day....goodies installed with pics :))))))

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Could you get a pic of how close to the ground the filter is on that intake? The cold air on my older focus would try to get water in it while driving in heavy rain. Could not go wot a couple times. Acted like there was water vapors in the chamber or something. It would cut power and studder. Not like hydro lock. Only hapoend a couple times but it's something I worry about now when it comes to filter location.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Could you get a pic of how close to the ground the filter is on that intake? The cold air on my older focus would try to get water in it while driving in heavy rain. Could not go wot a couple times. Acted like there was water vapors in the chamber or something. It would cut power and studder. Not like hydro lock. Only hapoend a couple times but it's something I worry about now when it comes to filter location.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I can and will do that for you
The car will need to be up to within inches of the headlight to touch the filter which is some pretty deep water even if lowered

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I was getting to your answer - sorry about that Woods247
It's a flat panel foam filter that does in fact pull from the fender. It is very loud. Another member had said it's close to the 2J cowl intake in terms of sound volume. I'm starting to BELIEVE!

haha
Ron, how are your intake temps compared to stock?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #27
Whoosh Motorsports needs to make a Cat-Back... your down pipes look great so thinking with your knowledge and your contacts a Cat-Back from you that sounds as good as your number one best seller at a cost of 400-500 would be sweet.
thank you
we have one in the works