Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh motorsports short shift kit, trans bracket bushings, and shifter base bushings are here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
They have landed !

We will offer them in kit form or individually
The kit and individual components will be priced VERY competitively

Short shifter made from billet aluminum (only 2 pieces) w/4 clamping bolts which are stainless steel.
There are 2 positions of throw adjustment 15% and 25%

Easy installation with simple hand tools

The Transmission bracket bushings are also billet aluminum as are the shifter base bushings (shown in BLACK)

We have a full set being final test fit and full install instructions being done for the forum this weekend. Parts will be up on the site immediately afterward.

Last edited:
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Hi Ron,

Looking forward to adding this to the list. Can I use the bushings with the Mountune shift kit that I already have installed and the Boomba shift lever that I will be adding in the future?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
Hi Ron,

Looking forward to adding this to the list. Can I use the bushings with the Mountune shift kit that I already have installed and the Boomba shift lever that I will be adding in the future?
absolutlely
these parts can be used with any other parts that are already on the market

danbfree

3000 Post Club
"Easy install in 10-15 minutes"

Maybe if you are fully familiar with everything under the hood and how to get to the linkage connection quickly... Took me an hour easy just for a very similar shift plate install: With the newer FiST's having beefier battery cables and whatnot, I had to disconnect stuff and pull battery box out of the way and had never done all that before... so just a warning to fellow amateur wrencher's out there, LOL... But once you are in there the trans bracket bushings would literally add just a minute or two.

Great little package, Ron! I highly recommend not only this mod in general but at a great package deal through Ron here!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
"Easy install in 10-15 minutes"

Maybe if you are fully familiar with everything under the hood and how to get to the linkage connection quickly... Took me an hour easy just for a very similar shift plate install: With the newer FiST's having beefier battery cables and whatnot, I had to disconnect stuff and pull battery box out of the way and had never done all that before... so just a warning to fellow amateur wrencher's out there, LOL... But once you are in there the trans bracket bushings would literally add just a minute or two.

Great little package, Ron! I highly recommend not only this mod in general but at a great package deal through Ron here!
changed it to be more "general"

What will the bushings actually do? I love my short shift, but have not done some of the other "required" mods because they are more show than go.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
What will the bushings actually do? I love my short shift, but have not done some of the other "required" mods because they are more show than go.
Bushings can help with shift feel and possibly help a bit with shift clack... not any clunk, but the actual shift clack that you can get especially in 3rd and 4th...

Might be some placebo but for sure the shifts feel more solid and positive.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk