Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh short ram intake and crossover pipe testing

First off let me explain the two test cars
First off the big boy is mine
Whoosh hybrid single port 93/e40 and all the fixings I’ll throw all the V dynos down below and be aware in a few if the numbers seem low that’s because my correction factor was super super low. The second fiesta is my brothers he’s a max effort stock turbo car full bolt ons and the goal is to do a before & after with the 7psi turbo smart wastegate eventually

first graph is a direct comparison on my brothers car the numbers are a solid 20whp off but that’s besides the point look at the difference what’s changed between the runs is, whoosh cross over pipe and short ram intake. No tune changes

second up we get into the hybrid car and it’s even more interesting gains of 20whp up top and this is across every single log i have back to back including my e40 “stock intake” vs short ram 93, look at the drop off

Attachments

Magnetic

First off let me explain the two test cars
First off the big boy is mine
Whoosh hybrid single port 93/e40 and all the fixings I’ll throw all the V dynos down below and be aware in a few if the numbers seem low that’s because my correction factor was super super low. The second fiesta is my brothers he’s a max effort stock turbo car full bolt ons and the goal is to do a before & after with the 7psi turbo smart wastegate eventually

first graph is a direct comparison on my brothers car the numbers are a solid 20whp off but that’s besides the point look at the difference what’s changed between the runs is, whoosh cross over pipe and short ram intake. No tune changes

second up we get into the hybrid car and it’s even more interesting gains of 20whp up top and this is across every single log i have back to back including my e40 “stock intake” vs short ram 93, look at the drop off
I'm feeling the same thing with my Whoosh Short Ram Intake. Doesn't build boost as early, but seems like it carries through more on the higher revs. I do miss that 2500-3000RPM power surge from the OEM box though. I'm hoping a tubular manifold (Airtec) will get me some quicker boost again. Also considering the Pumaspeed Quickspool Manifold. Only reason I haven't got the Puma Manny is because it probably takes forever to get here.

OP
Gogoggansgo
Thread Starter #3
I'm feeling the same thing with my Whoosh Short Ram Intake. Doesn't build boost as early, but seems like it carries through more on the higher revs. I do miss that 2500-3000RPM power surge from the OEM box though. I'm hoping a tubular manifold (Airtec) will get me some quicker boost again. Also considering the Pumaspeed Quickspool Manifold. Only reason I haven't got the Puma Manny is because it probably takes forever to get here.
We changed some stuff in the tune and picked up nice gains down low

Magnetic

Yeah I haven't got the car retuned for the new Intake so maybe I'll get that power surge after the tune. I still wanted a baseline (pre-tune) for all the folks on here to know what to expect when upgrading without a tune.