Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

Whoosh Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses (Install & Review)

Trader history for pirite (0)

Back again with another install and review write up!
If you're interested in getting a set yourself click HERE

DISCLAIMER:
This is an informative post ONLY. If you don't feel comfortable bleeding brakes, not sure what you're doing, or install these improperly, it is possible that you will NOT have brakes. Do this work at your own discretion and if you don't think you can tackle it please pay a professional to do so.

Here's what you'll get in the box (along with some stickers and an air freshener if you're lucky!)

New banjo bolts and crush washers are included for the front (MAKE SURE YOU USE THE NEW CRUSH WASHERS) and in the rear, they're not needed and thus, not included.

Step one as always is going to be to lift and support your car properly, and then remove all 4 tires.

If you live in an area like me (Buffalo, NY) where the snow and salt are thrown around every year, make sure your bleeder screws open before doing anything else. Other wise you'll be up a creek without a paddle with air in your system and no way to get it out.
Front bleeder screws are 10mm, rears are 8mm.

Next remove the screws for the hose brackets. Should be 8mm.

Next I broke the brake line fittings free from the hoses before removing the retainer clips. You'll want an 11mm line wrench for this.

After breaking them free, remove the retainer clips (you'll reuse these). I used a screw driver and a pair of adjustable pliers to wiggle them out.Then remove the brake line fitting from the OEM hose.

Remove the line from the caliper (fitting in the rear, banjo bolt for fronts) and then install the new hose to the caliper. and then thread the line fitting to the hose by hand, reinstall the retainer clip, and tighten the fitting with an 11mm and 17mm line wrench.
Install the hose bracket bolt and ensure proper routing of the hoses.

The big note here is on the front hoses, make sure to remove the old crush washers and install the new ones, one on either side of the hose fitting.

Lastly once all the hoses are installed, top of your brake fluid with fresh, clean DOT4. and have a friend help bleed the brakes. Hold the pedal down, open the bleeder, close the bleeder, release the pedal. Repeat till no more air is in the system.

After that reinstall the wheels and enjoy!
Here's some pictures of the lines fully installed.

I've had these installed for about a week and a half now including a 300 mile one day trip.
Brake pedal feel is a touch less spongy, and as long as your brakes are all free and moving properly, the pedal should be hard as a concrete pad.

Any other questions or comments post 'em up and tag either me or @ron@whoosh and we'll do our best to get them answered for you!