Welcome to the #1 Focus RS Forum and Focus RS community dedicated to Focus RS owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Focus RS Forum today!

whoosh Trac-Spec hybrid turbo partial release pics!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We are still ironing out the details of our Trac-Spec hybrid upgrade package as it will include our US Built hybrid turbo and our new uprated exhaust manifold that has an internal volume increase by 12-15%

Here are some photos of one of our Trac-Spec turbos built so far...
#whooshmotorsports #whoosh hybrid turbo trac-spec
#feelingcutedefowillnotdelete #Ooof

LINK TO Product (details and price not finalized) https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...bo-upgrade-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l-trac-spec

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are those "Dyno" sheets with or without Aux Fuel? Looks like a very nice setup and option to add to the market! [wrenchin]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Are those "Dyno" sheets with or without Aux Fuel? Looks like a very nice setup and option to add to the market! [wrenchin]
same as the original right now
w/o aux fuel - 100% stock DI fuel system
91/100 octane mix
aux fuel numbers coming with actual race gas coming soon [deviltail]

jeff

2000 Post Club
That thing is beautiful. Well done sir. Still interested in seeing numbers on plain old 91/93 in addition to ethanol and race gas mixes. I'm not on social media...maybe there is stuff to be found there. If so could you post it somewhere so we get comprehensive data on these new WHOOSH options?

Also I'm curious is the manifold a stocker that is ported and polished or are you going another route? I know from past options (Skittle and Puma) that the P&P manifold supposedly netted around 12% flow...I have one (Skittle version) myself but I'm interested in your approach.

Again, very nice new stuff coming from WHOOSH!

[biggrin]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
That thing is beautiful. Well done sir. Still interested in seeing numbers on plain old 91/93 in addition to ethanol and race gas mixes. I'm not on social media...maybe there is stuff to be found there. If so could you post it somewhere so we get comprehensive data on these new WHOOSH options?

Also I'm curious is the manifold a stocker that is ported and polished or are you going another route? I know from past options (Skittle and Puma) that the P&P manifold supposedly netted around 12% flow...I have one (Skittle version) myself but I'm interested in your approach.

Again, very nice new stuff coming from WHOOSH!

[biggrin]
we have an excellent 93 octane result on a Mustang dyno in the turbo results thread. Didn't get much attention here but it made 280whp on a Mustang Dyno haha with 93 Dizzy tuned

our Trac-Spec simply put:
intended to maximize our hybrid turbo's efficiency and address heat management with an uprated manifold that is internally honed to increase flow by up to 15%. This manifold addition coupled with performance coatings and high end attachment hardware round out the kit

Our customers piece these parts together all the time, we are simply doing it for you as a complete solution.
Manifold details are coming, the custom turbos are too awesome not to share.
Thanks for the kind words Jeff

Can you dumb down the benefits, or pro/con to the base hybrid you offer?
please see above response

I LOVE that blue!
yes very cool, it's Ford Blue wrinkle but not the stock color, when ordering the package everything is 2000 degree Cerakoted in stain black then the customer can pick ANY color they want for the compressor cover

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
we are very close to receiving our manifolds to make the Trac-Spec a "kit"
in the meantime I have some pre-built units coming in (blue units and a few all black ceramic units have been SOLD)

message or email us for details

VirtualRonin

Active Military
we are very close to receiving our manifolds to make the Trac-Spec a "kit"
in the meantime I have some pre-built units coming in (blue units and a few all black ceramic units have been SOLD)

message or email us for details
This looks like it's going to be a great kit [emoji1303]

And with the addition of a ported/ceramic coated exhaust manifold, this has pretty much everything you could want.

Ron, will the exhaust inlet on the turbine be matched to the outlet of the ported manifold?

It's hard to tell from the pics if the turbine inlet is ported since it's ceramic coated. Just thinking it would be great if it were port matched to the ported exhaust manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk