Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh turbo and catless DP smoke?

My whoosh setup is just getting into its 800 mile or so I’m running 5w-30, it’s only smoked twice on me after sitting at idle in the heat for extended period of time. I honestly haven’t a clue this is my first big turbo car and blood type racing did the install. I’m pretty sure after talking to Ron it’s not any turbo seals but he does want me to change too 5w-30 amsoil full synthetic. Is this a common problem with these Ecoboost cars with catless DPs, I’ve seen similar threads posted on focus st forums

OP
Gogoggansgo
Thread Starter #2
I asked around the JST Facebook it seems to be pretty common for the hyrbid turbo guys to have this issue
Amsoil 5w-50 is on order

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My whoosh setup is just getting into its 800 mile or so I’m running 5w-30, it’s only smoked twice on me after sitting at idle in the heat for extended period of time. I honestly haven’t a clue this is my first big turbo car and blood type racing did the install. I’m pretty sure after talking to Ron it’s not any turbo seals but he does want me to change too 5w-30 amsoil full synthetic. Is this a common problem with these Ecoboost cars with catless DPs, I’ve seen similar threads posted on focus st forums
Whoa...whoa...whoa....let get this straight....the vehicle is a Hybrid Turbo....in no means is this a BT. It ok if it smokes alittle...its when its billowing out it is a problem. Anywho...get out and roll some fools! 5w50 is way...way to thick for these engines BTW. Tolerances are too tight.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Gogoggansgo
Thread Starter #5
Whoa...whoa...whoa....let get this straight....the vehicle is a Hybrid Turbo....in no means is this a BT. It ok if it smokes alittle...its when its billowing out it is a problem. Anywho...get out and roll some fools! 5w50 is way...way to thick for these engines BTW. Tolerances are too tight.

nope only after ive idled for a while and take off , its a good amount of smoke but i have about 10 guys telling me run 5w-40 and send it. no smoke anywhere else

First mistake is catless. Why anyone does this I’ll never know. I drove behind a bunch of 50’s and 60’s cars after a car show. I couldn’t wait to pass them. The stench was like driving through the oil fields in west Texas. I was ready to puke. Some regulations make sense. Don’t make people want to vomit because of 3 horsepower you’ll never miss

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
First mistake is catless. Why anyone does this I’ll never know. I drove behind a bunch of 50’s and 60’s cars after a car show. I couldn’t wait to pass them. The stench was like driving through the oil fields in west Texas. I was ready to puke. Some regulations make sense. Don’t make people want to vomit because of 3 horsepower you’ll never miss
The 50's 60's and 70's cars smell a whole lot different than newer cars catless or not. Those old classics are no where near as efficient as newer cars. There is a lot of un burnt fuel in those tail pipes. I have always liked the smell but I dont think I have passed a grip of them at once.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here it is... it's a multi-vehicle formula that meets the SN designation