Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why didn't Ford put a front under tray on these?

OP
anticon

anticon

Thread Starter #3
Simple....being Frugal*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
No doubt in my mind. Now has anyone ever made one. I found the ADF aluminum one. But it seems like it would be fairly easy to make one out of ABS.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I (as well as a few others on here) added my/our own. [wink]

1633235295415.png

Thar's not my actual car, as I don't have a pic of it, but that is the exact one (Skid Plate Guy) I (and JDG, etc.) have installed, and that is on a FiST.

But yeah, if you are looking for just some type of 'aero' helper, and so not need actual protection from bottoming out, going over cratered terrain/BIG rocks, etc., just get something like D1JL posted above, it is MUCH lighter than the alloy one I have installed.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Why is our tranny junk? Why do the blend doors fail? Motor mount made of mush?
Transmission is super beefy, it's a Getrag. Most failures are user error or someone doubling the torque - you have to pay to play. Blend doors have weak internals. It's common on other makes and models, it's not just a Ford thing. Motor mounts are perfectly fine for a stock car.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I may order these parts just as a means for deflecting more of the car-melt (roadsalt) away from under-body and suspension components. Potential downside is extending dry-out time for the underbody. I'll have to look at some things under there before making a final decision.

EDIT: A lot of it is just going to come through the radiators.

Last edited:

Sam4

Transmission is super beefy, it's a Getrag. Most failures are user error or someone doubling the torque - you have to pay to play. Blend doors have weak internals. It's common on other makes and models, it's not just a Ford thing. Motor mounts are perfectly fine for a stock car.
You guys are tripping. The getrag is a sister-copy of the automatic tranny that has failed to a class-action suit level against ford. Designed with the cheapest components ford could locate. Oh - and Ford owns Getrag. They can employ the cheapest crap they can find. Yes, eastern europe's bearing maufacturer's still thrive in ex Yugo 'facilities'. Look at how many of us have had problems - 'oh it's the clutch' - bullshit, ford! It's the bearings, including the clutch slave cylinder/throw out combo.

Magnetic

I (as well as a few others on here) added my own. [wink]

View attachment 43899

Thar's not my actual car, as I don't have a pic of it, but that is the exact one (Skid Plate Guy) I (and JDG, etc.) have installed, and that is on a FiST.

But yeah, if you are looking for just some type of 'aero' helper, and so not need actual protection from bottoming out, going over cratered terrain/BIG rocks, etc., just get something like D1JL posted above, it is MUCH lighter than the alloy one I have installed.
That is BAD A$$!! Does the "Skid Plate Guy" Have a website?

I'm ready to order now if he does. Is he on the forum?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
He is not on our forum, and is not a vendor on here at all.

I believe that he is only on facebook and instagram currently;
https://www.facebook.com/SkidPlateGuy/

Just be forewarned that almost all of the sooo beloved on here, and requisite to many, front braces/'traction bars' (save for maybe the very low profile, almost flat stamped steel/alloy type DNA front brace will work with this plate).

So if you want one that badly, you may have to give up whatever front bracing you may have or plan to get in the future.

I really don't care much for/about them, and am still not convinced that they do all that much, despite all of the first hand 'testimony' about 'feel'.

So that does not factor into my decision to use this part to protect my under front clip on the terrible terrain I traverse at times, which would have already totally ripped EVERY ONE of those front braces off of this car (had they been installed) on the stuff I've been over the last 3+ years working rallies again, and that's at factory ride height no less. [wink]

Last edited:

Magnetic

He is not on our forum, and is not a vendor on here at all.

I believe that he is only on facebook and instagram currently;
https://www.facebook.com/SkidPlateGuy/

Just be forewarned that almost all of the sooo beloved on here, and requisite to many, front braces/'traction bars' (save for maybe the very low profile, almost flat stamped steel/alloy type DNA front brace will work with this plate).

So if you want one that badly, you may have to give up whatever front bracing you may have or plan to get in the future.

I really don't care much for/about them, and am still not convinced that they do all that much, despite all of the first hand 'testimony' about 'feel'.

So that does not factor into my decision to use this part to protect my under front clip on the terrible terrain I traverse at times. [wink]
I can attest to the gains from the Pierce 6 point brace. Tested it on worn out tires and it gave grip again. Not sure if I could give that up :( Even tightened up rattles and shimmies. Maybe someday there will be one that works with that brace.