Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Why is the bottom half of the front grill solid?

felopr

Looks awesome with an aftermarket crash bar. I don't think the same would be said about the stock one.
on a focus the stock crash bar doesn look that bad with the grill open but on a fiesta i wouldn't do it, just look bad

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have seen one with the crashbae painted red. Looked nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
After seeing that the grill is blocked, I can see why. The lower grill only provides air to the intercooler, and the upper grill only provides air to the top of the radiator. Shouldn't the lower part of the radiator get some love?
Yes, if you could figure out how to create through holes in the crash bar that allow for air flow to the lower radiator.Then like I said earlier getting rid of the blocked honeycomb might be worth doing.
It’s also why I mentioned the Pro Alloy crash bar that you cannot buy by itself.

I watched a ton of B7TMY vids for a young guy he is enterprising and I have enjoyed them I have not always agreed with some of the stuff he did.
Now he has an RS and after saying he would not mod it he is. Lol Then again he is kinda of a UK Ford youtube Personality.

For some reason in recent years, the styling trend is for grills to become larger and larger. A lot of cars now have "faux" grills in front of the radiator. IMO car's look better with a little grill as possible and as low of a hood as possible. Air travelling to the radiator/engine bay creates a significant amount of aero drag. I'd surmise that for regular street use, the car does not need more cooling. Fake speed holes make the car go faster, obtain better fuel economy and have a modern design appearance.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I swear these cars have more crevices to get water stuck in them than any vehicle I have ever washed.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Unlike most on here, I actually LIKE the looks of the factory upper grille, when it's clean. [wink]

I just don't like how hard it is to clean, and then keep clean, especially when I go to some really dusty/muddy events (ARA Rallies). [:(]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I agree (y) Did you notice any change in coolant temperature? Did you use a Dremel?
His did come out great. Because he is not running a stock crashbar, He is running a DHM or DaVinci which is a small tube so it would look good . Lol
Just trying to put some perspective on this.

His did come out great. Because he is not running a stock crashbar, He is running a DHM or DaVinci which is a small tube so it would look good . Lol
Just trying to put some perspective on this.
You can only see either at a standstill. If there is better cooling that’s what matters lol

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
That would work but I don't like the idea of blowing unfiltered dusty air on my car at 100 plus miles an hour.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Slap a sponge filter on the inlet of your leafblower.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk