Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will 205/50/16 rub with coil overs?

Hi gang
Going to be purchasing Dekas 16x8
I have Meister R coil overs which are basically like BC racing
I would like to put 205/50/16 as the roads in Houston are shit and I'm tired of being pummeled by potholes and cracks in the road
Does anyone have any REAL experience with this size on a lowered car and will I get any rubbing with that size.
I know I can go with 205/45/16, but I would like the extra cushioning if possible...
Thanks so much for your input...it's really appreciated!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you don't slam it down on the Meisters, and keep it near the top height of their adjustment, you should be A OK.

I have that same setup with very wide section width Neo Gens, but yes, at factory ride height, and they do not rub anywhere now that I removed the Rally Armor mud flaps which they DID rub on (the front mount lock nuts). [thumb]

Last edited:
I have 205/50/16 RE71r and I'm lowered on H&R springs. There is a little bit of rubbing, but it's only if there is a turn with heavy compression (whether that's camber in the road or heavy braking). On coilovers you can adjust as you like, so I say that it's fine.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm running Lionhart tyres, 205/40/17 with H & R coilovers. Car is lowered with NO rubbing!

OP
A
Thread Starter #10
What tire would you recommend in that size?
I'm in TX so winter is not an issue
I would like something that has a little tread life to it lol
But I am installing an S280...
Right now I was planning On 205/50/16 in Indy 500, but I'm open to suggestions
Just not something I'm gonna burn through too fast!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
In the 215/45-16 size, in this country at least, you ONLY have the 100 and 200 tread wear rated stickies available in that size, quite sadly, as NONE of the manufacturers (save for Vredestein, in their very low performance, all season, very 'tready' offering) think it profitable/necessary to offer a 300+ tread wear SUMMER tire, let alone a UHP all season, in that particular size. [:(] [mad]

As I've said in the past; IF they offered a UHP all season in that size, they'd be on my daily driver Dekagrams as we speak.

If I personally had to choose a pure SUMMER, max performance 200 tread wear donut in that size, I would go with the Nankang NS-2Rs (and I still may on my second set of empty/no tire mounted on them yet, black Dekagrams), due to a rain drivable tread pattern, widest tread width of any others, and lower co$t as compared to some of the other 'go to' name brand offerings.

For a 'streetable', and relatively long wearing (for a 200 tread wear donut), I would go with the Falken Azenis RT615+ in the 215/45-16 size, although they are some of the narrowest in tread width in that particular size.