Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will an aftermarket wastegate increase cool noises in this car?

I have an S280 and I'm just looking for more cool noises. My stock bov and ITG intake sound great and I don't care much for the aftermarket bov noises. Soon I'll be installing a downpipe and cat back exhaust so I guess I could knockout the wastegate too. The stock ones been handling 27lbs just fine for this past year.

ah delete this its in teh wrong forum

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
a turbosmart em2 plumb back diverter replaces stock and gives all sorts of fun fluttery sounds, might be a better place to spend money if silly fun turbo sounds are your objective :)

get the plumb back though, the dual port sounds like darth vader harassing you on the phone late at night

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
a turbosmart em2 plumb back diverter replaces stock and gives all sorts of fun fluttery sounds, might be a better place to spend money if silly fun turbo sounds are your objective :)

get the plumb back though, the dual port sounds like darth vader harassing you on the phone late at night
ah yea ill check that out, that one sounds really nice actually. that replaces the bov tho not the wastegate? would you recommend the turbosmart wastegate with that?

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
i havent bothered with the wastegate on the fist but past experience wastegates change the sound but its not always a significant or positive change

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I don’t see how changing the internal wastegate would affect any sound until you switch to an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I don’t see how changing the internal wastegate would affect any sound until you switch to an external wastegate and dump to atmosphere.
thats a good point I was thinking external wastegates like on my GN and others. always made em louder, not always more betterrer ;)