Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will I need a tune?

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #21
I can't really say I enjoy being here when I'm forced to live with multiple people or out of my car...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Luckily Cali doesn't require smog testing for 6 years after purchase of a new car so I'm good until 2022 and it's not catless

Dunno about you but here with loud exhaust due to the change in the law they are just ticketing and sending people to referees. Have been roadside inspected for stock cat once as well. Just a though, it’s not the end of the world but it’s an annoyance for no real benefit. Could put cat money towards intercooler :)

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #24
Ah well I don't think the one I got will be that loud but who knows but I think where I live the cops don't really care all that much about the loudness as long as you don't crank it hard through residential areas

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would not run a higher flowing downpipe without a tune. The tune is required to compensate for the better flowing exhaust otherwise you may make additional boost that the ecu is not compensating for.
Nah - the ECU sees and controls true manifold boost. Opening up downstream of the turbo isn't going to fool the ECU. Besides, all the tuners say that an exhaust or downpipe doesn't net you any gains on a stock turbo. Dizzy just told me that he didn't think that a downpipe on a hybrid was worth it.

OP
Kinnaird
Thread Starter #27
Yeah, but if you look hard you can find stuff. I rent a house in Santa Ana for pretty cheap that I use as a home office/garage.
Where I live, studios go for 1500 minimum, not including utilities, trust me, I look, that's why I have to rent a room from friends

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Where I live, studios go for 1500 minimum, not including utilities, trust me, I look, that's why I have to rent a room from friends

Yeah it is getting expensive - some investment properties are doing well so I won't pretend I'm not benefiting from it, but I feel sorry for people that move here from all over the country thinking it's going to be awesome. They can't afford to do anything or live anywhere so they just rack up debt. Conversely, anyone with resources is constantly squeezed.

Last edited:

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I can't really say I enjoy being here when I'm forced to live with multiple people or out of my car...

*not* making light of it - but to this day I miss living with roommates as a late teen/early 20's, still laugh about stuff from back then to this day.
If I were early 20's again today, I'd get a ford transit connect or something similar and convert it to a mini RV and just explore the coast for a year or two.
Have a buddy that used to live in his truck, it was actually pretty sweet, and he used to get with tons of chicks by mentioning living in his truck and offering to show them. Most charismatic dude I have ever met. Had it figured out - lived in the truck while paying for school in real-time, got a membership to 24 hour fitness so he always had a place to exercise, shower, and hang out if needed.

Last edited: