Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will Mk7 door fit Mk8 car?

wintermute

Hello, Fiesta owners :)

A passenger-side door on my 2018 ST got damaged. Unfortunately, my insurance won't cover it, so I have to analyze various repair options. I found a previous-gen donor car in the same color, and if the doors are interchangeable, then the "repair" would be twice cheaper than what the local body shops offer. Although the doors look visually identical to me, I suspect there might be subtle differences. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Constantine

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hello, Fiesta owners :)

A passenger-side door on my 2018 ST got damaged. Unfortunately, my insurance won't cover it, so I have to analyze various repair options. I found a previous-gen donor car in the same color, and if the doors are interchangeable, then the "repair" would be twice cheaper than what the local body shops offer. Although the doors look visually identical to me, I suspect there might be subtle differences. Does anyone know if this is the case? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Constantine
One way to tell would be to look up the part number for the two doors. If it's the same part number, then obviously it's probably the same door, and if it's a different part number that tells you that it probably wouldn't fit. I would be surprised if it's the same door, but you never know.