Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winning Autocross!

Had my first autocross for points yesterday with the South Bend SCCA. I won HS class by 6/10th of a second and I was fastest Rookie by 2 seconds out of 14 Rookies. I also placed 7th in PAX out of 48 cars and my raw time I was 16th. Overall not a bad first outing! I'll be posting a video of my winning run tonight!

OP
M
Thread Starter #2
[video=youtube;0MHn1X4thK0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MHn1X4thK0[/video]
Heres the run.

Nice! Was that a practice run? It certainly didn't look like a class winning run to me.

OP
M
Thread Starter #10
Smooth is fast. That was my winning run. I won my class by half a second and I placed 7th out of 48 with that run.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Absolutely, smooth is fast!

Dang fine results as well:)

I just wish I could learn to be smooth as I am pretty quick, I would be fast if I was smooth.

Here is my winning run from over this past weekend. I tried a second gear launch and I was nearly one second faster than the second place car...a 2008 civic SI, that owner was not happy.

[video=youtube;ERl0_SNGvBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERl0_SNGvBI[/video]

Had my first autocross for points yesterday with the South Bend SCCA. I won HS class by 6/10th of a second and I was fastest Rookie by 2 seconds out of 14 Rookies. I also placed 7th in PAX out of 48 cars and my raw time I was 16th. Overall not a bad first outing! I'll be posting a video of my winning run tonight!
I'm right there with you. I wonder how long it will take SCCA to bump up the FiST into a higher class. H is ridiculously low. My local club questioned my car class, but after some research, they admitted the FiST truly is an H class car. I routinely come in the top 3 in PAX (out of a usual 60 to 70 cars). It's pissing a lot of people off, and I love it. The FiST will go up in class as it ages (just like the Integra, non-///M BMW's, etc. have done). So, enjoy it while it lasts.

[video=youtube;As2Wi4Kg_JQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2Wi4Kg_JQ[/video]

Here's one of my best runs this season.

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
The FiST should be in DS. That's what the Mini Cooper S is in. It's WAY underclassed in HS. It's almost not fun winning by that much. ALMOST..... Haha but I guess I'll take what they will give me!

The FiST should be in DS. That's what the Mini Cooper S is in. It's WAY underclassed in HS. It's almost not fun winning by that much. ALMOST..... Haha but I guess I'll take what they will give me!
It won't change though... too many people are showing up with them for events. They are way cheaper than the mini, and as a result it is getting more people involved in the sport. IMO SCCA is basically setting the Fiesta ST up as the new spec car for HS