Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter tire woes

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
That looks nuts. What is the mpg hit with those bad boys.

I’m not sure yet as today was first time driving it really. It was always well above advertised mpg since new so I won’t be so sad with little less. I’m gonna take to work Monday and see how bad it is. Spent a couple hours today trimming plastic for clearance with these tires.

Honestly short of a 3 ft or more snow bank my stock sized 205/40 blizzaks did the job and made the little fiesta more sure footed than any of the suvs with all seasons I drove during the winter.

Now I have re-71rs so I’m happy as well during the warm months. All seasons are no seasons.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Lol thanks for reminding me i gotta save for winter stuff

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are member who sell complete winter sets for a decent price so you don't have to buy new/retail .....I got my winter tires in stock size for $50 per tire from a member and bought another pair of stockers for $300 complete with another set of tires on those and sensors.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
My sensors are turned off, lol i switch wheels so much i had discount tire shut them off. But thats good to know

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Why would you want 17 inch snows? That’s just gonna be worse traction. You need more sidewall in winter. 15s is the ticket. I haven’t had a problem with multiple snow tires on my fist. It’s a really fun car in bad weather imo.
Why does the sidewall profile matter in the winter?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Why does the sidewall profile matter in the winter?
I do not understand Plainrts claim of more traction (unless he is severely under-inflating tires) but I prefer more sidewall for the inherent extra cushion for the rough/potholed/broken ice roads that we get in the winter.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My sensors are turned off, lol i switch wheels so much i had discount tire shut them off. But thats good to know
They agreed to do that?
The dealers absolutely flat-out REFUSE to write out the TPMS function, even if they could. [:(]

Yeah, I know, I gotta get FORSCAN, and delete this crap myself. ;)

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #35
I asked the folks at discount tire and they did it. A a standard dealership wont. I need to get forscan as well for some changes. And to try and solve a nav dilemma but thats off topic.

Imo profile isnt gonna change how rough the car rides. Sidewall stiffness will. The last 2 winter sets were rougher than my summer stuff. And they were 16"s.