Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I did get one though I definitely wouldn't get a shift boot. I love seeing mechanical stuff at work
I'm with you on that, since (besides the absolute functionality of lightning quick/short throws) is one of the reasons for having/spending that kind of coin on this item.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #382
Ron@whoosh got this to me quickly! Installation was simple. If you’re installing one yourself, connect the cables first and just be patient with the shorter one. It’s pretty cool! I’m looking forward to driving with it but I have a couple of more items to install including a Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge, also from Whooshmotorsports! His website should be my homepage.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #383
All done. I installed the Dizzy gauge but I still need to install the rest of the kit. Hopefully I’ll have more time tomorrow or Friday to complete it. The Dizzy gauge fitment is absolutely perfect.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ron@whoosh got this to me quickly! Installation was simple. If you’re installing one yourself, connect the cables first and just be patient with the shorter one. It’s pretty cool! I’m looking forward to driving with it but I have a couple of more items to install including a Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge, also from Whooshmotorsports! His website should be my homepage.

It is most definitely a 'full race/rally' looking piece, along with it's functionality. [thumb] [driving]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #385
It is most definitely a 'full race/rally' looking piece, along with it's functionality. [thumb] [driving]
It's impressive. I was surprised how simple the installation was compared to the CAE. We're not changing cables with this one though. Is it worth the money?? I suppose that depends on the individual. I doubt it will decrease my laptimes, but sloppy shifts are completely gone and the position of the knob is exactly what I've been searching for. It's a great component that compliments a great car.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #388
Let us know how easy the Dizzy tuning ethanol gauge was to install! I plan on getting one.
Will do. I was planning to install it today and work hit unexpectedly. I will snap a few pics to share along the way. I'm really impressed with how well the kit is put together. It didn't come with instructions so I'm using the tips I'm finding on his main thread.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #394
That's bad ass.

I saw 2j racing makes one, but I believe that's against the rules to run in AutoX.
They do. 2J is actually local to me and Joe has helped me a lot with suspension tuning and other complicated installations like the LSD. They're a great company and everyone that works there is an automotive fanatic. It definitely would've been cheaper to buy the 2J but I couldn't get past the appearance. They needed to make an exhaust that nearly anyone could install with minimal effort, so I understand his approach. Though both likely function the same, mine required far more customization to achieve the appearance I wanted. I'll post more photos but they really don't do it justice. It's hard to capture the angles and symmetry in 2D. Outside it's a bit louder than a standard CPE (at WOT) but it just about eliminated the awful highway drone inside. The 2J side exit is definitely quieter inside and out. It's probably the best track car exhaust out there if anyone reading this cares about my opinion. I was there when Joe proved it on his dyno.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #396
I don’t think I mentioned this little 3/4” antenna nub. I don’t use the radio so I wanted to delete the antenna. It looked like a pain so I began searching for a plug and found this Drago “antenna” on eBay. I dig it!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My buddy modified my CPE exhaust to create a unique and light weight side exit. I’ll take more pics when the rain stops.

SWEET!! [twothumb]

When I had seen that other pic of your car with this side exit, I just took for granted that you got a 2J racing system.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #399
SWEET!! [twothumb]

When I had seen that other pic of your car with this side exit, I just took for granted that you got a 2J racing system.
I came really close to buying the 2J just for simplicity and Joe’s been pushing it on me since he made it. However, I’m fortunate to have an extremely talented buddy that convinced me to let him have a go at modifying my CPE. I went to Summit Racing and picked up stainless oval and and adapter and let him have at it. It exits further back than the 2J. The pinch weld was cut, flattened and welded. The exhaust tip is angled towards the rear and slightly tilted up and is connected to the chassis by custom adjustable hangers with Whooshmotorsports jellies. The opening is square with the rear wheel and cut at the same angle as the rear camber, which adds incredible detail when seen in person. I asked him to make a heat shield that looked like my Vans Half Cab shoe and he did haha. It’s EXACTLY what I wanted. The guy that did this has built pretty insane cars (Rauh Welt Porsches among some of them). I’m really happy with it. We’re working on other exciting things over the next few weeks. I’m a bit anxious and hopeful it’s all completed before season kicks off. I’m definitely keeping this Fiesta forever.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #400
I finally finished the installation of my Dizzy Ethanol Content Gauge from Whoosh Motorsports. It’s straightforward and the instructions are accurate. If you have the MeLe Battery Box (like me) you’ll need to move the 3D printed bracket a little higher up (on the ECU cover) to prevent contact with the shifter linkage. I fished the wiring harness through the firewall using Symposer tube. I accidentally yanked the connector (that attaches to the gauge dongle) off the end of the harness while pulling it through the firewall. Instead of trying to slip the pins back in the connector, I simply stripped all the wires and spliced them together at the gauge. Everything hooked up nicely and I really appreciated having a complete kit that didn’t require a trip to the store. The gauge is clearly legible and doesn’t clutter up the interior. It’s well thought out and extremely easy to install when following his instructions. If you have any questions about it, let me know. Here are a few pics (Yes.. I changed my shift knob again too):

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5