Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

the duke

The air dam is almost finished:

You can box your canards (five planes) for additional pressure. I don’t think a side plane is necessary however.

aLao iif you keep your fog lights in I would suggest taking advantage of the large flat are in front to make some holes/ducking for the brakes.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #544
You can box your canards (five planes) for additional pressure. I don’t think a side plane is necessary however.

aLao iif you keep your fog lights in I would suggest taking advantage of the large flat are in front to make some holes/ducking for the brakes.
I’m leaving the ends of the splitter open. As for brake ducts, hopefully I won’t need them. If I do, I’ll keep the fog lights and open up the area just in front of them for ducts. I think someone has already done that?? I remember seeing it somewhere.

I’m leaving the ends of the splitter open. As for brake ducts, hopefully I won’t need them. If I do, I’ll keep the fog lights and open up the area just in front of them for ducts. I think someone has already done that?? I remember seeing it somewhere.
I remember that setup. I think it was Siestarider? I'm trying to find the thread with pictures of it.

EDIT: I found the thread, but all the pics are dead links now.

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'd open up something on the skid plate, suck some air up from under the car and direct it out the wheels.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #551
You really need some flares now!!!!

Fuckin' amazing - well done!!

How is removal? Will changing the oil be a pain in the butt?
Thanks dude! And YES I DO! Removal is 19 Allen bolts :/. I used Riv Nuts so it’s not that bad, unless I grind them on the track lol.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #552
I feel like I’m driving a different car today, so I’m not as fast.. Top end dropped a little more than expected, so I’m playing with the angle of the rear wing. Stability in high speed sweepers is significantly improved, as expected, but I’m braking too early. I’m the issue here... I have no more tank slapping under extreme braking (124mph - 60mph) into 10a. I’m not sure what fixed that but my guess is the FoRS rotors played a big part. I do need to build brake ducts.. That’s next.

If anyone tells you sway bars don’t benefit FWD cars, perhaps you should suggest they EABOD. The Eibach’s with DNA endlinks from Whooshmotorsports are hugely beneficial to this platform. Its flat (for real) now. Budget for them.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I feel like I’m driving a different car today, so I’m not as fast.. Top end dropped a little more than expected, so I’m playing with the angle of the rear wing. Stability in high speed sweepers is significantly improved, as expected, but I’m braking too early. I’m the issue here... I have no more tank slapping under extreme braking (124mph - 60mph) into 10a. I’m not sure what fixed that but my guess is the FoRS rotors played a big part. I do need to build brake ducts.. That’s next.

If anyone tells you sway bars don’t benefit FWD cars, perhaps you should suggest they EABOD. The Eibach’s with DNA endlinks from Whooshmotorsports are hugely beneficial to this platform. Its flat (for real) now. Budget for them.
Front or rear sway bar?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #554
Front or rear sway bar?
Both. I bought the Eibach kit with DNA Race endlinks from Ron at Whoosh. Absolutely no understeer or oversteer. It just goes where I point it. I have no idea why I believed the internet, but everyone drives different I suppose. I haven’t driven them on the street yet so I can’t comment on that.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
^^^ IF one is driving often on gravel/dirt, tarmac/track spec sway bar choices go right out the window. [nono]
A bit of body roll and compliance / consistency and predictability is key! I love pitching my Fiesta in to a snowy corner and letting it rotate around... Would be a bit more difficult without the body 'roll'.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #558
FWIW, my Tacoma has no sway bars. It’s 4x4ed and my daily and I prefer it soft like that. My GX460 has KDSS and it’s flat on the road but articulates pretty well offroad too. My Fiesta (setup the way it is) might rattle me to death offroad. I don’t think I’d use these bars if I rallyX or ran fire roads.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Only the front swaybar on my lifted 4Runner - but holy shit does it handle flat on corners with the big swaybar hooked up. Without it, feels like it's going to flop over on the on ramp!

This is something people get caught up on - it works for someone else (like you who 'only' does track days) where as the same mods would make my car not as suitable to the situations I drive in. It's all about finding what works for YOU and not just tossing parts at a car.

I fuckin' love this build - so track functional.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #560
Done. I’m tired. RT660s are good but they definitely won’t last. When they’re gone, I’ll go back to 615K+ or buy a set of 8” wheels and try the RT660s again. I had weird torque steer that’s never happened before and it drove me nuts.. I have no idea why. The car didn’t do it with 615K+. All in all, it was a fun weekend full of trial and error. I’ll be replacing the MGC rear airfoil with one from a local company “9Lives Racing”. I had a detailed discussion with them at the track and learned a lot about why I was losing so much top end. Bottom line is, the wing design is the problem. The mount is still worth what I paid, so it’s all good. Here’s a pic of it loaded for home:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5