Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #583
Is the car officially off the street now, or do you just swap the headlight back in after the track sessions?
No it’ll always be a street car. I won’t remove the interior beyond the rear seats and spare. It was only trailered because I wasn’t sure if the splitter would be streetable. It took a 100 hours to build all that stuff and I didn’t want to destroy it on the way to the track. The hitch is still installed ;)

the duke

Man, that rear wing looks overkill. If your friend can plane it out or if you can adjust the AoA then I would experiment with that.

How was the front end with the new splitter? If you're feeling amibitious then creating a few access panels that can make oil changes easier might be a nice project.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #587
Man, that rear wing looks overkill. If your friend can plane it out or if you can adjust the AoA then I would experiment with that.

How was the front end with the new splitter? If you're feeling amibitious then creating a few access panels that can make oil changes easier might be a nice project.
I had the AOA way too aggressive. Fixed that but I still think a thinner element with a slot for replaceable gurney flaps is the way to go.. My buddy tried to convince me to put access panels in the splitter too but I decided against it. It’s easy to remove and oil gets everywhere when I change the filter because it’s in a very tight spot. My radiator is thick. I don’t mind zipping it off with my gun. I could definitely tell a difference in front grip and rear stability through high speed sweepers. My car is more stable. I just need to tune the angles a bit. I had the wing waaaaay too steep. Live and learn.

Lol

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It rains a lot here. Hood vents kinda scare me. Yours look bad ass though.
Really??? Oh man, everything is waterproof... just make sure the fuse block is sealed up and water flows down! Just thinking it could help with heat management and also air flow management (venting engine air out the hood as opposed to under the car causing lift).

I figured you would have at least considered them though!! Your car is bloody amazing.

Both. I bought the Eibach kit with DNA Race endlinks from Ron at Whoosh. Absolutely no understeer or oversteer. It just goes where I point it. I have no idea why I believed the internet, but everyone drives different I suppose. I haven’t driven them on the street yet so I can’t comment on that.
I think a lot of that comes down to suspension setup, cross weights, air pressures, and driving style as well. I would never add a rear bar on my car ( it is also dialed in with the help of some top notch suspension engineers) but it would be way to loose. On my setup there is no understeer at all. We were able to dial that out with different spring rates and tire pressures as well!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #593
Really??? Oh man, everything is waterproof... just make sure the fuse block is sealed up and water flows down! Just thinking it could help with heat management and also air flow management (venting engine air out the hood as opposed to under the car causing lift).

I figured you would have at least considered them though!! Your car is bloody amazing.
I need to jump over to your thread to check them out. Their IG page doesn’t have much info.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #594
I think a lot of that comes down to suspension setup, cross weights, air pressures, and driving style as well. I would never add a rear bar on my car ( it is also dialed in with the help of some top notch suspension engineers) but it would be way to loose. On my setup there is no understeer at all. We were able to dial that out with different spring rates and tire pressures as well!
My suspension is setup. The numbers are here somewhere.. Anyways, they work for me. 👍

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #595
Finally ordered a seat and harness from Bridgemoto. It’s custom so it’ll take a couple of months to complete. I’m just happy to finally have this part of the build in progress. It’ll permit me to participate with GTA and perhaps local hill climb events if I decide to run them.

I still gotta build a four-point bar though. I thought about Autopower but it isn’t really doing it for me.. Starting from scratch gives me limitless options. I dig the Vudu and StudioRSR designs, so I’ll probably use them for inspiration. We’ll see. This Fall should be fun.

I’m definitely not stripping the interior and caging the car. If I decide I want a race car, there are plenty of REAL race cars around for $20k all day long. My Fiesta is a street car first, track toy second.

xxiaze

Off shot question, how much down force do you think a hard mounted set of big ass canards would apply to the front end? I want to get the most out of the front end... going wide body and likely 10” wide wheels or so. Plan on putting down aprox 500whp. Any suggestions?

xxiaze

I know that suspension setup will be critical and play a huge roll... hoping stratified can come through with some traction control improvements. Sticky tires and a good LSD. I know what I want is kind of stupid but I just want to send it lol. Not the right platform for big power per se... but I’m committed to it for whatever reason. Just want to smash a hellcat in the ford egg. Picking your brain for input :) PM me if you don’t want to clutter your thread.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #598
Off shot question, how much down force do you think a hard mounted set of big ass canards would apply to the front end? I want to get the most out of the front end... going wide body and likely 10” wide wheels or so. Plan on putting down aprox 500whp. Any suggestions?
I don’t think the bumper cover handle much weight without reinforcements. A chassis mounted splitter or wing would benefit more. Most of this stuff is only effective at high speeds so it kind of depends on what you plan to do with the car. If it’s a time attack build, 500whp and huge aero would be awesome. I don’t think anyone has done that with a Fiesta. You could run unlimited class and build big aero (front and rear) to make use of the power. 255 tires or bigger would be necessary too. I think you can run up to 285s but I’m a newb so don’t take my word for it. Might as well plan for a sequential box too. Probably custom axles and hubs or some sort of swap might be necessary to manage that amount of power unless you plan to change them frequently. I’m falling into your rabbit hole lol. It would be really cool to see someone build a bad ass Fiesta ST to compete with the other high HP FWD unlimited cars. Gotta have an unlimited budget too ha! It would be really cool to see. I know a good driver if you’re looking 😉

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #599
I know that suspension setup will be critical and play a huge roll... hoping stratified can come through with some traction control improvements. Sticky tires and a good LSD. I know what I want is kind of stupid but I just want to send it lol. Not the right platform for big power per se... but I’m committed to it for whatever reason. Just want to smash a hellcat in the ford egg. Picking your brain for input :) PM me if you don’t want to clutter your thread.
Suspension is helpful. I’m not really making “downforce” as much as I’m just reducing lift. The spring rate on my car shouldn’t need to change to accommodate the splitter and wing I built. The goal of this stuff was to reduce lift over 100mph and make the car more predictable and smoother in fast sweepers and under heavy braking at the end of long straights. It’s working but I’m still tuning the angles to reduce drag and regain top end.

If you’re roll racing you probably don’t need aero stuff since it’s mostly straight line quick pulls. It’ll add unnecessary drag. A LSD, bracing, big front tires, stronger axles and probably frequent hub changes would benefit you more, if you’re pushing 500whp.

I‘d probably buy a different car to straight line race but that doesn’t mean everyone else should too. A lot of guys seem to drag their Fiestas and have good success. I might not get it, but many people I know have no clue why I choose to track a Fiesta lol. Whatever... Making a slow car faster is part of the fun. It’s what we do isn’t it?! No one here bought a Fiesta for its numbers. That’s what Hellcats, Mustangs and Honda Accords are for. I doubt I’ll set records with my car but it’s cool as f^#k and building it is fun. I rarely see other Fiesta STs and that’s pretty cool too. Good luck hitting 500whp man, I’m rooting for you. It’ll be a bad ass car for sure.

xxiaze

Suspension is helpful. I’m not really making “downforce” as much as I’m just reducing lift. The spring rate on my car shouldn’t need to change to accommodate the splitter and wing I built. The goal of this stuff was to reduce lift over 100mph and make the car more predictable and smoother in fast sweepers and under heavy braking at the end of long straights. It’s working but I’m still tuning the angles to reduce drag and regain top end.

If you’re roll racing you probably don’t need aero stuff since it’s mostly straight line quick pulls. It’ll add unnecessary drag. A LSD, bracing, big front tires, stronger axles and probably frequent hub changes would benefit you more, if you’re pushing 500whp.

I‘d probably buy a different car to straight line race but that doesn’t mean everyone else should too. A lot of guys seem to drag their Fiestas and have good success. I might not get it, but many people I know have no clue why I choose to track a Fiesta lol. Whatever... Making a slow car faster is part of the fun. It’s what we do isn’t it?! No one here bought a Fiesta for its numbers. That’s what Hellcats, Mustangs and Honda Accords are for. I doubt I’ll set records with my car but it’s cool as f^#k and building it is fun. I rarely see other Fiesta STs and that’s pretty cool too. Good luck hitting 500whp man, I’m rooting for you. It’ll be a bad ass car for sure.
This is all great input, as well as previous post, thanks for that. I certainly don’t have the budget for unlimited class... lol. It will be a sleeper quick drag/street car, some roll sprits in half mile etc. I’m really just looking to make something silly. Spending too much money on a toy! I was thinking the exact same thing for the canards, I wanted to tap into the front crash bar and hard / chassis mount the aero. Run high spring rates in the rear for lift denial. Wide body should be here soon so I can run some big ass rubber. LSD... straight methanol and 50-100shot of nitrous.

I totally respect your aero and frame work, would love to pick your brain on that and possibly collab some ideas on how to make the front end dig nice and hard to hook up this power best as possible. Straight line clown car and high speed stability is what I’m after - all street minor track fun with my son here and there. Really just want to hunt a hellcat like said before... that’s my goal, destroy the dodge kitty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5