Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I‘d probably buy a different car to straight line race but that doesn’t mean everyone else should too. A lot of guys seem to drag their Fiestas and have good success. I might not get it, but many people I know have no clue why I choose to track a Fiesta lol. Whatever... Making a slow car faster is part of the fun. It’s what we do isn’t it?! No one here bought a Fiesta for its numbers. That’s what Hellcats, Mustangs and Honda Accords are for. I doubt I’ll set records with my car but it’s cool as f^#k and building it is fun. I rarely see other Fiesta STs and that’s pretty cool too. Good luck hitting 500whp man, I’m rooting for you. It’ll be a bad ass car for sure.
Everyone wonders the same thing for me. Then they see why when I'm passing cars at the road course on a 215 tire when they all have 245+ tread width. Even the SS 1LEs with 315s or whatever it is lol.

Its satisfying for all when you demolish higher end cars.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #606
Everyone wonders the same thing for me. Then they see why when I'm passing cars at the road course on a 215 tire when they all have 245+ tread width. Even the SS 1LEs with 315s or whatever it is lol.

Its satisfying for all when you demolish higher end cars.
No one seems to have issues with 90hp Miatas but for some reason a 300hp Fiesta is dumb to just about everyone including Honda guys lol. Corvette drivers hate being passed by my car. Someone HERE said I shouldn’t be able to pass Corvettes lol. Some Fiesta owners even hate themselves apparently 😂

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #612
I was having a lot of torque steer with the toe at 0 so we added an 1/8” toe in and it helped. I’m pretty adaptable to whatever I drive, so I’m not sure if it made much of difference anywhere else. I decided to record my laptimes today and they’re pretty close to my PB, but they can certainly come down. I learned a shit load by following that Audi and a NC Spec Miata, along with talking to buddies about my weaknesses. Ambient air temp was also 97 with 80% humidity lol. Six 40 minute sessions too. It was hot and I’m beat. ...and I drove a different track yesterday that’s slower but really technical. Excuses

I still need to continue tuning the rear wing. I’m getting help from 9Lives Racing since I’m at a loss as to where this element needs to sit. I’m faster in turns but slower on 5th gear WOT pulls. Gotta be drag.

Though I have no interest in head to head competition, it was nice to be in a field of pros again today..Especially since yesterday’s sessions brought a lot of dangerous track night kooks.

I didn’t run the RT660s. It was hot and I didn’t want to change the RT615K+ since they’re fine. I guarantee I’d have been faster on the RT660 but that wasn’t my priority today. I just wanted to drive until I couldn’t or the car couldn’t. The car won again today. It’s such an awesome car. Did I mention I FINALLY own @D1JL custom rear tow hook. It’s my favorite car part next to the LSD and X47. 😎

Erick_V

Super interesting. I’ve been toying with the idea of no toe but I autocross a bunch so 1/8 out feels great. I imagine at speed it would feel super twitchy on turn in at speed. Curious how you like those settings as I’m slowly transitioning the car into HPDE mode

That's interesting. I never thought about the power level affecting how the alignment felt. I liked having -1/8 toe on stock power on track, but you're on a whole other level.

Was that a TCR Audi you were chasing? I'm jealous, I haven't seen one in person.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #615
Super interesting. I’ve been toying with the idea of no toe but I autocross a bunch so 1/8 out feels great. I imagine at speed it would feel super twitchy on turn in at speed. Curious how you like those settings as I’m slowly transitioning the car into HPDE mode
My AutoX buddy was trying to get me to toe out and it didn’t make since to me for high speeds. He rips on mtn runs and AutoX. I might try it though. He’s talking about a tiny tow out. I talked to several road course guys this week and they all either run zero or a little in. All I know is my torque steer is not as jerky anymore and that’s all we changed.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #616
That's interesting. I never thought about the power level affecting how the alignment felt. I liked having -1/8 toe on stock power on track, but you're on a whole other level.

Was that a TCR Audi you were chasing? I'm jealous, I haven't seen one in person.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
Yeah there’s three. I’ll take more pics tomorrow. Pretty bad ass cars in the WRL.

Here’s a couple of pics I took of the AOA one

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah there’s three. I’ll take more pics tomorrow. Pretty bad ass cars in the WRL.

Here’s a couple of pics I took of the AOA one

Oh hell!
I did not realize what that was from the front view pic (I thought it was just a heavily modded time attack type setup).
Those things are out and out, fully 'built', trailered-in RACE cars.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #619
Oh hell!
I did not realize what that was from the front view pic (I thought it was just a heavily modded time attack type setup).
Those things are out and out, fully 'built', trailered-in RACE cars.
Yeah man it’s the WRL series. Lots of cool race cars.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5