Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

No one seems to have issues with 90hp Miatas but for some reason a 300hp Fiesta is dumb to just about everyone including Honda guys lol. Corvette drivers hate being passed by my car. Someone HERE said I shouldn’t be able to pass Corvettes lol. Some Fiesta owners even hate themselves apparently 😂
Awesome build ! Just wanted to comment that especially recently, I kinda feel like these cars are kinda "disrespected" or like you said think the car is stupid. I actually don't get it. I honestly think if you're a car person, theres no reason to dislike this car. Coming from an ex-Honda guy, I haven't had this much fun since my B16 crx.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #627
This shot and the interior shot below were taken by a professional. I’m definitely incapable of this haha. I will post more after they’re finished with the project.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #628
This is gonna be slightly changed up soon. I’m changing the driver seat to a custom Bridgemoto Suzuka and adding a four-point rollbar so I can run local time attacks. I don’t plan on changing the steering wheel or passenger seat since it’s still street driven. The new seat should work with the OEM belt for street use. I’ll use their 2x3 6-point at the track. I need to find a place to mount a Chillout system and ducting for it somewhere in the back. I’m too damn old to keep driving in this heat without a cool shirt.

I finally pieced together a portable CoolShirt system this summer after 4 years of year-long Texas track days, and it's astounding how much better it is to drive with one. I'm a lot sharper for the last session of the day, even when it's over 95° by 11AM.

Nobody in my circles run a ChillOut system, only CoolShirt/ice water systems. I'm curious about how yours will work (and why you went with this over a cheaper CoolShirt system). ChillOut is self-contained and you don't need to add ice, right? What does it pump through the shirts? I remember it isn't water, but that's all I know.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #630
I finally pieced together a portable CoolShirt system this summer after 4 years of year-long Texas track days, and it's astounding how much better it is to drive with one. I'm a lot sharper for the last session of the day, even when it's over 95° by 11AM.

Nobody in my circles run a ChillOut system, only CoolShirt/ice water systems. I'm curious about how yours will work (and why you went with this over a cheaper CoolShirt system). ChillOut is self-contained and you don't need to add ice, right? What does it pump through the shirts? I remember it isn't water, but that's all I know.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk
I forget the chemical/water combo but I've used one and it was incredible. The footprint and overall system weight is better than my buddies cooler setups, granted they all seem to work really well especially with Yeti coolers. I liked the thermostat control because I actually got too cold (it was mid 90s in GA lol). They're a sponsor, so pricing for me is really good. I'm also able to have a custom shirt made to extend down to my lower back to help ease the pain of an old injury. The guys at ChillOut are incredibly supportive here in the SE.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #634
Bahahahaha!!! Toyota is always a step behind on entertainment systems.

Then again, I love the dials of the Fiesta - you'll never catch me buying a car with the heater controls in the infotainment center.
I literally bought a GX460 instead of the LX570 because of the radio. The GX has knobs and no bs like the LX. My old Tacoma radio was awesome but it broke three times. I replaced it last winter with an Alpine that I absolutely hate. I just use CarPlay with it. It sounds like shit to me too, even with new JL speakers. I should’ve bought a different brand but I’m clueless when it comes to car audio. I just called Crutchfield and took the guy’s advice. The mic for phone calls is absolute shit. Setup for anything is like programming a f’n moon mission... I really need to swap it with something else because I drive my truck all the time and I hate that Alpine garbage.

The Fiesta seems ok to me. I haven’t experienced the newer version so I guess I don’t really know what I’m missing ha! Is the new one plug and play or a pain in the ass? I’d consider plug and play for CarPlay. I kinda want a subwoofer too.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Oh dear lord.
I can't believe you're still fighting with MFT - time ditch that thing for Sync3!!!
But then why do you need an Infotainment system in a race car?
Unless you need the NAV to find your way around the track. :rolleyes:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I literally bought a GX460 instead of the LX570 because of the radio. The GX has knobs and no bs like the LX. My old Tacoma radio was awesome but it broke three times. I replaced it last winter with an Alpine that I absolutely hate. I just use CarPlay with it. It sounds like shit to me too, even with new JL speakers. I should’ve bought a different brand but I’m clueless when it comes to car audio. I just called Crutchfield and took the guy’s advice. The mic for phone calls is absolute shit. Setup for anything is like programming a f’n moon mission... I really need to swap it with something else because I drive my truck all the time and I hate that Alpine garbage.

The Fiesta seems ok to me. I haven’t experienced the newer version so I guess I don’t really know what I’m missing ha! Is the new one plug and play or a pain in the ass? I’d consider plug and play for CarPlay. I kinda want a subwoofer too.
It's very easy - well within your capabilities to swap. I pioneered the change from MFT to Sync3 and couldn't be happier. Lots of units at the wreckers for you to steal one out of - nav or no nav it's a worthwhile swap. (Link here for swap info)

Installing a sub was also a worthwhile adventure - I just went the cheap route with a 2 channel sub and tapped in to the rear speaker line with a line adapter and after turning the bass right off in the head unit, I couldn't be happier. Decent enough for me! The van spoils me but I listen to the exhaust a lot in the Fiesta so no complaints regarding the mediocre speakers.

Also, whenever I buy headunits and such, I'm buying Pioneer. Very happy with the longevity of the one in my 4Runner and the double camera unit in the van is pretty slick too. Most likely can get CarPlay in their new units.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #637
It's very easy - well within your capabilities to swap. I pioneered the change from MFT to Sync3 and couldn't be happier. Lots of units at the wreckers for you to steal one out of - nav or no nav it's a worthwhile swap. (Link here for swap info)

Installing a sub was also a worthwhile adventure - I just went the cheap route with a 2 channel sub and tapped in to the rear speaker line with a line adapter and after turning the bass right off in the head unit, I couldn't be happier. Decent enough for me! The van spoils me but I listen to the exhaust a lot in the Fiesta so no complaints regarding the mediocre speakers.

Also, whenever I buy headunits and such, I'm buying Pioneer. Very happy with the longevity of the one in my 4Runner and the double camera unit in the van is pretty slick too. Most likely can get CarPlay in their new units.
My gut told me go Pioneer. It’s what I always had back in the day. I’m definitely changing back to Pioneer. As for the Fiesta, I think I’ll check into it. Thanks for the links. I almost always have music on in that car. It all depends on cost.. I really have no complaints with the existing system.

Fiestig

This shot and the interior shot below were taken by a professional. I’m definitely incapable of this haha. I will post more after they’re finished with the project
Is it just me or do high quality photos make the FiST look like a Hotwheels car? I have seen a few and all the same feeling where I have to do a double take. Maybe its just my Dogfish 90min IPA....lol

TemecFist

I still have to bond the element to its mounts. That’s a project for tomorrow.. It took several more hours to complete the internal braces and seal everything up today. I’ll have better pics soon. I thought it was sort of odd that the top of the mounts float above the glass but it’s definitely NOT going anywhere. After I installed the braces it is incredibly stiff.
Has anyone tried the rear wing by Airtec? It looks the same as this and is supposedly direct bolt on, right? I really like this wing, but I dont have the shop to do the fabrication like Woods has. (Unless he would be willing to create the brackets and hardware from his 😉).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5