Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How are you liking those things? That was my other choice, but I heard they wear worse than RT660's and RE-71r's. I'm going to try them next on my spare set of wheels I think.
They are not even mounted on the Dekas yet, but will be by late spring. [driving]

If I ever go with another 225/45-16, it will probably be the Nankang AR-1s for ~$40.00 less EACH or their NS-2Rs for ~$60.00 less each than the A052s. [wink]

TemecFist

They are not even mounted on the Dekas yet, but will be by late spring. [driving]

If I ever go with another 225/45-16, it will probably be the Nankang AR-1s for ~$40.00 less EACH or their NS-2Rs for ~$60.00 less each than the A052s. [wink]
Those AR-1s look promising as well but for track. I was looking for a better "street" tire that would get up to temp quickly. So far these RT660's are pretty good, but I'm going to try the AR-1s for track use. Theyve had good feedback.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Truthfully, IF I would have known about the NS-2Rs back when I bought the A052s, I would have gone with them for their; lower price, better rain grooving, substantially wider tread width (and the A052 is already the widest of the 'majors' in this size!), and $240.00 overall lower co$t. [wink]

TemecFist

Truthfully, IF I would have known about the NS-2Rs back when I bought the A052s, I would have gone with them for the lower price, better rain grooving, substantially wider tread width (and the A052 is already the widest of the 'majors' in this size!), and $240.00 overall lower co$t. [wink]
What's the info on those NS-2R's? I havent really heard anything about them. I'm in SoCal, and dont dd this car, so wet traction is of zero concern to me. Do they heat up pretty quick?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What's the info on those NS-2R's? I havent really heard anything about them. I'm in SoCal, and dont dd this car, so wet traction is of zero concern to me. Do they heat up pretty quick?
I don't know, and have not heard anything.

But Phils, their biggest dealer in the USA, could probably give you some insight/intell about them. [wink]

They just seem to be a bit more 'streetable' to me than the A052s, why I even mentioned them.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #766
Nankang is releasing a new 200TW tire called the CR1 soon. Hopefully Phil can bring our sizes in.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #769
If you made another plate for the controls I would buy one lol. That’s the only thing holding me back
These guys offered to build one for the FiST, if I sent them the controls: https://thesteeringsolutions.com/ Definitely reach out to them. I bought the Honda version to test and there’s no way to make it work without it looking like shit.

I elected to ask my buddy Chris again for his fabrication time.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
These guys offered to build one for the FiST, if I sent them the controls: https://thesteeringsolutions.com/ Definitely reach out to them. I bought the Honda version to test and there’s no way to make it work without it looking like shit.

I elected to ask my buddy Chris again for his fabrication time.
Do this....and I might buy a new steering wheel!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Picked up a Mod 88 for track. Feels so good. I might wrap it in smooth Napa leather since I can’t stand suede steering wheels.
View attachment 37875 View attachment 37876 View attachment 37877 View attachment 37878 View attachment 37879 View attachment 37880
Was gonna say. I've heard suade steering wheels are ew when your hands are sweaty. Granted if you wear gloves on the track you're probably fine.

Its an official race car now!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is it just me or does that Momo wheel look big? I've never had an aftermarket wheels before so I don't know what to try. I know I want a quick disconnect hub but that's all I've decided on. Looks great in your car!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #776
Was gonna say. I've heard suade steering wheels are ew when your hands are sweaty. Granted if you wear gloves on the track you're probably fine.

Its an official race car now!
Yea gloves are a necessity with this wheel. I’m a germ freak so sticky shit and I don’t get along well.

It’s still surprisingly streetable and comfortable. I’ve crashed a bunch of cars (and motorcycles) without airbags and I’m still here so... I think this seat is more comfortable than my Recaro was. I’m not gonna change anything on the passenger side since my kiddos and wife occasionally ride over there.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #777
Is it just me or does that Momo wheel look big? I've never had an aftermarket wheels before so I don't know what to try. I know I want a quick disconnect hub but that's all I've decided on. Looks great in your car!
Thanks! It’s actually 20mm smaller in diameter than the stock wheel. Maybe it’s the camera or something.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The rim of the wheel being so much thicker than the factory wheel can make it appear to be a bigger diameter, but once you drive it, you realize how much smaller, and more 'direct'/connected it is than the stocker. [wink]

The Mod 383 Sparco's rim is even a bit thicker than that Momo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5