Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Took the party to Road Atlanta today for an open track day. I hit the curbs in T5 and she detected a false crash for the first time on that track. I’m going to wrap the RCM in some kind of foam to dampen the vibrations and see if that helps. I’ll report back after Barber in a couple of weeks. It always does it there in the last turn on the first lap.
View attachment 58655
Don't know if its speed or what but I've always hit curbs at Heartland in Topeka, haven't had probs with the crash detection, and they vibrate TF out of the car.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,703
Don't know if its speed or what but I've always hit curbs at Heartland in Topeka, haven't had probs with the crash detection, and they vibrate TF out of the car.
It must have something to do with multiple variables occurring at once. One of them for sure is 100% throttle.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,706
Do the cops ever bother you because of the wing, numbers, and loud exhaust (or if they spy the roll bar)?
Nope. I’m not a boy idiot though. They don’t even care about my headlight duct. I usually have a GHP buddy with me in his 800whp GTO when I go up there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nope. I’m not a boy idiot though. They don’t even care about my headlight duct. I usually have a GHP buddy with me in his 800whp GTO when I go up there.
Is his Monaro Goat supercharged (swapped-in ZL1/ZR1 engine maybe?) or twin turboed? Suspension modded heavily, or more straight line/factory suspension setup?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,708
Is his Monaro Goat supercharged (swapped-in ZL1/ZR1 engine maybe?) or twin turboed? Suspension modded heavily, or more straight line/factory suspension setup?
Honestly I’m not sure. It is pretty loud and doesn’t corner well. I can’t touch him on the highway but I always pull off and wait in the mountains. 😂 In all fairness, the Fiesta is the fastest car in the mountains anyways.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,716
I picked up a set of new torsion beam bolts and alignment shims from [SIZE=4]@Fusion Works[/SIZE] to test. They’re made of high grade steel instead of aluminum. Super easy to install and the beam is locked! No more crab walking after tapping curbs on the track.
IMG_3264.jpeg 71390604452__C9C9B28A-ACEA-4B06-B4A3-6889F7A1958B.jpeg

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,717
No bueno. Trans popped on track today. Gonna take it apart and see what broke then probably have Clarke build a new one. That seems like the best option right??

IMG_3373.jpeg

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #1,719
Yikes, popped is right. Any warning signs before it went? Clarke seems the best option.
Nope but I drove it straight into the paddock and onto the trailer because I saw smoke. I crawled under the trailer and that’s what I saw. It is everywhere. Huge mess. I’ll review the video tomorrow to see what I did.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5