Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #341
I installed the Boomba short shifter, shifter base bushings and transmission plate bushings to compliment my Mountune QuickShift. It’s absolutely perfect now. I can run my tall shift knob and the through is short and confident.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Eventually, I will do this as well, since I REFUSE to un-install my Mountune short shift plate in order to use that racecar-like one (COOLERWORX) that Ron sells. [wink] [smile] [driving] [thumb]

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #343
^^^Eventually, I will do this as well, since I REFUSE to un-install my Mountune short shift plate in order to use that racecar-like one (COOLERWORX) that Ron sells. [wink] [smile] [driving] [thumb]
I like the CAE and COOLERWORX shifters but I’m happy with the simplicity of my setup. The throw is exceptional with a tall shifter and all in it was close to $300 (I bought the Boomba shifter “used” on eBay). I already had money invested in multiple knobs as well.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #344
I spent a couple of hours in the car today with the new shifter. As much as I like the “feel” and the reduction in throw, the 30 degree angle of the lever towards the driver is awful. I’m going to take it out and bend it back to whatever the stock angle is. I have no clue why they felt the need to bend the thing like that.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I spent a couple of hours in the car today with the new shifter. As much as I like the “feel” and the reduction in throw, the 30 degree angle of the lever towards the driver is awful. I’m going to take it out and bend it back to whatever the stock angle is. I have no clue why they felt the need to bend the thing like that.
I felt the same way. My friend has the Boomba shifter while I just have the Whoosh short shifter mounted to the trans. His feels great but I don't like the angle.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Mountune short shifter and a Maiyo shift knob...perfect combo....another good knob is the Boomba. I had an shaft adapter that brought the it back further but I couldn't get around how it felt. Took it off and sold it.

Hey from a fellow Jzilla Trackdays guy!

I don't think we have ever met, but I see your car out there all the time and love it! I have taken many pictures of this car on the track.

I have wanted a FiST since they first came out but decided on something else for a daily. James took me around AMP in a FiST a few years back. It may have been yours? Either way, it was a blast! But now I am thinking of picking a used one up for a nice daily. I'm sure whenever I get one I will take it out to a Jzilla event.

TDavis

1000 Post Club

I don't think we have ever met, but I see your car out there all the time and love it! I have taken many pictures of this car on the track.

I have wanted a FiST since they first came out but decided on something else for a daily. James took me around AMP in a FiST a few years back. It may have been yours? Either way, it was a blast! But now I am thinking of picking a used one up for a nice daily. I'm sure whenever I get one I will take it out to a Jzilla event.
They are definitely a good bargin used. You won't regret the purchase!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #349

Man that's awesome! He probably used Michael's car. For some reason no one will drive mine haha. You'll see me at all of the events next season. We added a ton! If you have any questions about the Fiesta, I'm happy to help. I've handled just about everything on this car. It really is a fantastic track car once a LSD is installed. You would have plenty of fun without any other modifications.

I appreciate the pictures! The only ones I get to see are from Chad and Adrienne. I asked my wife to shoot video, but she refuses to go to the track while I'm participating. I think she still has nightmares from my moto days.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #350
The Mountune short shifter and a Maiyo shift knob...perfect combo....another good knob is the Boomba. I had an shaft adapter that brought the it back further but I couldn't get around how it felt. Took it off and sold it.
I like really tall short shifters. I think the Boomba/Mountune setup will be perfect after I bend the arm. I may have a buddy make a new arm if this one proves to be uncooperative. I really have no idea why they bent the thing 30 degrees! It's incredibly uncomfortable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
AGREED! [thumb]

They should have even offered a straight lever option for those wanting/needing such. [wink]

Man that's awesome! He probably used Michael's car. For some reason no one will drive mine haha. You'll see me at all of the events next season. We added a ton! If you have any questions about the Fiesta, I'm happy to help. I've handled just about everything on this car. It really is a fantastic track car once a LSD is installed. You would have plenty of fun without any other modifications.

I appreciate the pictures! The only ones I get to see are from Chad and Adrienne. I asked my wife to shoot video, but she refuses to go to the track while I'm participating. I think she still has nightmares from my moto days.
Oh I should have a lot more pictures of you then. I was photographing every event there for a while but slowed down recently. I am technically Jzilla Staff too, so its even funnier that we haven't met. I used to take photos and give them to the drivers for free and James would comp me days. Now I just get comped days! :)

You can look through these photos from past Jzilla events for more photos of your car!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50481382@N04/albums

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions about the FiST's once I get one and I'll be sure to come find you at the next event!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #353
Oh I should have a lot more pictures of you then. I was photographing every event there for a while but slowed down recently. I am technically Jzilla Staff too, so its even funnier that we haven't met. I used to take photos and give them to the drivers for free and James would comp me days. Now I just get comped days! :)

You can look through these photos from past Jzilla events for more photos of your car!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions about the FiST's once I get one and I'll be sure to come find you at the next event!
That is awesome! He's a generous man indeed. I love being there and helping out. If you want to go for a ride let me know. I hope to have 245s mounted in time for AMP. The biggest issue my car has is lateral grip. Thanks for the pics man!

EDIT: Man your photos are incredible

Last edited:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
That is awesome! He's a generous man indeed. I love being there and helping out. If you want to go for a ride let me know. I hope to have 245s mounted in time for AMP. The biggest issue my car has is lateral grip. Thanks for the pics man!

245's eh? Sounds like those flares are going to be necessary!

Honestly my inspiration for my build next year. Just trying to figure out where exactly to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #357
Honestly my inspiration for my build next year. Just trying to figure out where exactly to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I may, I would recommend the LSD first. It isn't the least expensive upgrade but it's by far the most rewarding. I use the MFactory unit purchased from Whoosh Motorsports. Everything you do to the car afterwards will appreciate it.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #358

MAN!!! You have a couple of me in my old car from years ago:

Last edited:

I would love a ride! I will hopefully have a FiST by that point. Need to sell my current daily first though. The fleet is getting too large! haha
MAN!!! You have a couple of me in my old car from years ago:
Hell yeah! Glad you found them! I have tens of thousands of Jzilla pictures dating back to almost the beginning!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5