Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #281
Had a little more time on the highway with the RS-Pro. Though they aren't "mud terrain" loud, they are noticeably louder than the RT615K+ and Indy 500. I feel like both of those tires are nearly silent.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Yeah, I never understood why people said certain tires are "loud." Some even said the Z3s were loud, I literally only hear tire noise when driving over the road snakes(rubber sealant they use to fill in cracks)

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #283
Yeah, I never understood why people said certain tires are "loud." Some even said the Z3s were loud, I literally only hear tire noise when driving over the road snakes(rubber sealant they use to fill in cracks)
Unless it's raining hard, my windows are down. The only time I noticed the hum of the RS Pro was with the windows up at 80mph. I was like WTF is that, then I remembered the tears on the internet. I kinda get it though. It might drive me a little crazy on a road trip but not nearly as much as that god awful whistle from the X47. I swear it is louder than ever. It scares truck drivers.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I will say this too. If its straight downpouring monsoon rain on the road don't go above 55 with the Z3s. I was doing the occasional hydroplane on the way back from Arkansas and Georgia. Not too scary just have to be cautious.

Also for all I know the Z3s might hum too, but I wouldn't hear it anyway over the exhaust note.

Last edited:

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Whats the best track near you? Road Atlanta? I think it would be cool to take my car down there and come to a track day with you one of these times

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #287
Whats the best track near you? Road Atlanta? I think it would be cool to take my car down there and come to a track day with you one of these times
Barber is amazing. It’s about 2hrs east and absolutely incredible. Road Atlanta (45min north) is a lot of fun and very fast. Atlanta Motorsports Park is closest. It’s really technical but nothing over 110mph in our car. I moonlight with JZilla Trackdays. We have a full weekend at Road Atlanta coming next weekend. I think we have two of those scheduled next year. That would definitely be worth a trip down. We also have one Barber and another AMP weekend scheduled this year.

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #288
Nobody ever posts about lug nuts. I love lug nuts. These beauties are from 949Racing and pretty darn light. Forged alloy and impact gun compatible.

Also picked up a new set of M2 flares. Guess I’m going to have to sell all my fancy wheels so I can buy something fatter.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Those 949s are sure purdy, but I just do not trust aluminum alloy for that purpose, heat treated/forged or not.
IF I did, I would go with those as well. [thumb] [wink]

Had I been one of the financial 1%ers, I would go with the Muteki SR45 TITANIUM lugs, which are significantly stronger than any all aluminum alloy ones, but yeah, $$$$$!

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #293
What wheel setup do you plan on going with?
I have no idea. It’s driving me crazy. The only 17x9 4x108 options I see are from Klutch, Japan Racing and Rotiform. I’m considering a custom 4x100 adapter setup so I can run 6UL 17x9 or maybe something from Rota. There aren’t many 17x9 wheels until you go 5-lug and that’s expensive. It’s a big pain in the ass and might prove to be extremely irresponsible from a financial standpoint. I think benefit of extra grip may not be worth the money required to do it to my satisfaction. We will see.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So, after cruising on some back roads around my neck of the woods I'm confident to say the Versus Diffuser is bloody brilliant. If you haven't had it on your radar, it should be.

Not sure what the top speed is on the various tracks around you but it sure helps stabilize things at 100mph or more.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #296
Spent the day at Road Atlanta today and heading back tomorrow. This car is just about perfect. The X47 is incredible when paired with the MFactory LSD. I still need to work on my lines a bit but it’s fast. I left FoRS, TypeR, BMWs and everything but one fella in a Z06 in the rear view. He pulled me on the straights but I caught up in the braking zones and turns. My Stoptechs are siiiiick. I’m gonna add single port aux and go faster haha. I imagine 350hp and 245 tires would keep up with most cars that cost 2-3x what I have invested in the FiST. Not sure if the X47 is capable of that power but I’ll push it as far as it can go. I’ve been hammering it and it’s hanging in there without issue. Does anyone else here punish a hybrid on road course? What’s the power limit?

I logged two sessions so I have a ton of data to review with my tuner. I’m regularly WOT to redline 2nd though 5th over and over again which seems extraordinary. I can’t think of a better way to test a hybrid’s reliability..

I actually recorded video today too. I haven’t reviewed it yet. If it looks clear, I’ll see if I can figure out how to post it here. My lap times are irrelevant since I was constantly maneuvering through traffic. However, it’ll be nice to review corner entry and exit so I can find ways to pickup time. There’s no better place to be than on track in my Fiesta!

VirtualRonin

Active Military
Does anyone else here punish a hybrid on road course? What’s the power limit?
I've ran my VT330R at BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) a couple times this summer. That was before adding single port aux fuel so I can't wait to go back in October to see what it'll do now. I did get passed by a GT3 on the straight away but I don't recall any others. I was catching all kinds of people in the turns though so it was a blast. That was with 280HP/no aux fuel. Now I have 300HP with aux fuel which doesn't seem like a big jump but the car feels a lot faster. I lose traction in 3rd gear from a roll now so that's a noticeable difference, even with the LSD. I hit around 120 mph on the straight last time so I'm hoping I can hit 125-130 mph the next time out with the added power.

I'm still building my driving skills, learning the track, and gaining confidence at BIR. With that being said, there's no way I'm able to drive the car flat out through some of the faster corners (Turn 2) on the track yet so the car has more than enough power for my driving level, which is intermediate. Turn 2 is a 90 mph turn for most but I have heard of people taking it at 120+ mph.

I actually recorded video today too. I haven’t reviewed it yet. If it looks clear, I’ll see if I can figure out how to post it here. My lap times are irrelevant since I was constantly maneuvering through traffic. However, it’ll be nice to review corner entry and exit so I can find ways to pickup time. There’s no better place to be than on track in my Fiesta!
I would suggest uploading the videos onto YouTube and link them here.

Also, I recently purchased a device that should help with my track times. I'm planning to try this out at my next track day, possibly in October. Check it out!
https://apextrackcoach.com/product/apex-pro-unit/

Last edited:
OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #299
I've ran my VT330R at BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) a couple times this summer. That was before adding single port aux fuel so I can't wait to go back in October to see what it'll do now. I did get passed by a GT3 on the straight away but I don't recall any others. I was catching all kinds of people in the turns though so it was a blast. That was with 280HP/no aux fuel. Now I have 300HP with aux fuel which doesn't seem like a big jump but the car feels a lot faster. I lose traction in 3rd gear from a roll now so that's a noticeable difference, even with the LSD. I hit around 120 mph on the straight last time so I'm hoping I can hit 125-130 mph the next time out with the added power.

I'm still building my driving skills, learning the track, and gaining confidence at BIR. With that being said, there's no way I'm able to drive the car flat out through some of the faster corners (Turn 2) on the track yet so the car has more than enough power for my driving level, which is intermediate. Turn 2 is a 90 mph turn for most but I have heard of people taking it at 120+ mph.

I would suggest uploading the videos onto YouTube and link them here.

Also, I recently purchased a device that should help with my track times. I'm planning to try this out at my next track day, possibly in October. Check it out!
https://apextrackcoach.com/product/apex-pro-unit/
I read about the Apex setup. Looks awesome. My buddy sells the AiM Solo and I get a pretty substantial discount. If I decide to compete next season I’ll definitely invest in it. Have you used one? It logs damn near everything and the video overlay is incredible. It also auto start/stops which is great for me because I always forget to start recording.. The UI isn’t as easy as others. It reminds of early GoPro software. It’s manageable but needs improvement. Retail is also crazy expensive.

I’m 100% with you on the extra power. After having a Z06 walk away on straights just to slow me down in turns, I decided Aux should be on the list. An extra 20 or so HP and more grip will make a big difference everywhere. Along with 245 tires, I plan to replace the Maxton splitter with a functional custom made splitter this winter as well. I can feel a difference without the Maxton at speeds over 125mph. It causes unnecessary drag, but it’s pretty. The car accelerates quicker from ~100-135 in 5th gear without it.

I’m anxious to see what you experience with Aux vs GT3 or equivalent powered supertrackcar. I’m considering a single port simply because it’s less expensive and installation is easier. Do you see any reason I shouldn’t go that direction? My next turbo could be a factor in the decision.

I’m not sure what I’ll do when I change turbos. I absolutely love my hybrid. IF my X47 fails and the Whoosh Track Spec is truly a powerful, reliable “track spec” turbo, it would be hard to pass it up. The S280 or X57 is a good bolt-on option as well, especially if I already have Aux installed when the time comes. For now, I’ll run Aux with the X47 and see how it goes. One thing is for sure, it won’t suck.

It feels REALLY good to run with expensive high-powered track cars in a Fiesta ST. It feels even better to pay $200 for a weekend’s worth of track insurance and almost nothing for consumables. I’ve thought about owning a GT3 many times but I’m too frugal haha. The stoke is the same, regardless of what I drive.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I read about the Apex setup. Looks awesome. My buddy sells the AiM Solo and I get a pretty substantial discount. If I decide to compete next season I’ll definitely invest in it. Have you used one? It logs damn near everything and the video overlay is incredible. It also auto start/stops which is great for me because I always forget to start recording.. The UI isn’t as easy as others. It reminds of early GoPro software. It’s manageable but needs improvement. Retail is also crazy expensive.

I’m 100% with you on the extra power. After having a Z06 walk away on straights just to slow me down in turns, I decided Aux should be on the list. An extra 20 or so HP and more grip will make a big difference everywhere. Along with 245 tires, I plan to replace the Maxton splitter with a functional custom made splitter this winter as well. I can feel a difference without the Maxton at speeds over 125mph. It causes unnecessary drag, but it’s pretty. The car accelerates quicker from ~100-135 in 5th gear without it.

I’m anxious to see what you experience with Aux vs GT3 or equivalent powered supertrackcar. I’m considering a single port simply because it’s less expensive and installation is easier. Do you see any reason I shouldn’t go that direction? My next turbo could be a factor in the decision.

I’m not sure what I’ll do when I change turbos. I absolutely love my hybrid. IF my X47 fails and the Whoosh Track Spec is truly a powerful, reliable “track spec” turbo, it would be hard to pass it up. The S280 or X57 is a good bolt-on option as well, especially if I already have Aux installed when the time comes. For now, I’ll run Aux with the X47 and see how it goes. One thing is for sure, it won’t suck.

It feels REALLY good to run with expensive high-powered track cars in a Fiesta ST. It feels even better to pay $200 for a weekend’s worth of track insurance and almost nothing for consumables. I’ve thought about owning a GT3 many times but I’m too frugal haha. The stoke is the same, regardless of what I drive.
I’ll have rebuild kits for the X-47 available soon... if you’re interested in preventative maintenance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5