Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Worth getting stage 1 from Dizzy/Stratified with plans to go E30

OP
Brianmc27

Brianmc27

Thread Starter #21
yeah its just annoying that at the 6 year mark you have to start getting smogged. Can't upgrade the turbo because you'd have to run a tune which will fail you right away.
I thought it was 8 years now?

Also, would it be detrimental to just put the stock tune on immediately before the smog?

SrsBsns

yeah its just annoying that at the 6 year mark you have to start getting smogged. Can't upgrade the turbo because you'd have to run a tune which will fail you right away.
Or you just have to know a guy. I have some friends with some pretty wild cars and somehow they always pass CA emissions.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I thought it was 8 years now?

Also, would it be detrimental to just put the stock tune on immediately before the smog?
You need the smog readiness monitors to be going which took me like 500 ish miles of driving on my last few cars. I don't know if I'd want to put 500 miles on a car with a big turbo and the wrong tune.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Because they got pulled over or just unluckily sent by the DMV?
Luck of the draw I guess? I also got busted on the way home from the drag strip in my SRT4 and put on a roadside smog test trailer thingy. Never street raced or anything, and I get busted on the way home from *legal* drags with a blown out cat.

Spork1569

Luck of the draw I guess? I also got busted on the way home from the drag strip in my SRT4 and put on a roadside smog test trailer thingy. Never street raced or anything, and I get busted on the way home from *legal* drags with a blown out cat.
I always thought those were voluntary and supposedly don't effect the owner of the vehicle. Guess not in that case.

Nothing stopping the cop from referring you anyway if he feels like it.

SrsBsns

Wow, that sounds like bad luck. I'm always worried about getting hassled like that. When I moved out to CA, I brought my E36 M3 which was running catless with a big 3" straight pipe. It sounded gnarly but I was also always paranoid that I'd be royally effed if CHP caught me.

What happened when you were smogged? I'm assuming it failed?

I always thought those were voluntary and supposedly don't effect the owner of the vehicle. Guess not in that case.

Nothing stopping the cop from referring you anyway if he feels like it.
Yeah, I thought I head that too.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I'm running a Stratified 91-octane tune with aggressive throttle response. Unlocked bottom end torque and made the car more "eager" to accelerate. I also opted for the crackles and pops on deceleration. Only had a panel filter and a catback as mods.

I have Depo FMIC on it now, I need to find some E85 nearby to run an E30 tune!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

I'm running a Stratified 91-octane tune with aggressive throttle response. Unlocked bottom end torque and made the car more "eager" to accelerate. I also opted for the crackles and pops on deceleration. Only had a panel filter and a catback as mods.

I have Depo FMIC on it now, I need to find some E85 nearby to run an E30 tune!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
How common is e-85 in the LA area? Here in Ventura there's literally one station that sells e-85 in like a 30 mile radius so I'm hesitant to try it myself.

HBEcoBeaST

How common is e-85 in the LA area? Here in Ventura there's literally one station that sells e-85 in like a 30 mile radius so I'm hesitant to try it myself.
e 85 is really common in LA and OC. Venturs only has 1 or 2 stations but Calabasas and Malibu have a few flexfuel stations. The GasBuddy app is very helpful when looking for e85

OP
Brianmc27

Brianmc27

Thread Starter #36
So what is the difference between a 91 and a 93 octane tune? Which is worth getting?
That just depends on availability. We only get 91 octane in california, so a 93 tune want an option.

If you can get 93 regularly, than that is absolutely the right choice.