Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

Would you buy a Fiesta ST with a DSG gearbox?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • No

Votes: 55 82.1%

• Total voters
Yes, I was including the other brands because they are owned by VW. You could also include Porsche because the PDK is VEEEERY similar. Methinks they just didnt want to say its the same tranny you can buy in a $23k VW.
It isn't.

PDK was developed by ZF.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I have an automatic in my mustang for drag racing, and a 6 speed in my FiST for the twisties. No one else can drive either of my cars! Buhaaaaa!

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Nice .. looks cool with the hood off or is it a clear hood ??
The mustang has a procharger. I took two shots one with the hood open and another with the hood closed, and then superimposed them. I'm going to do the same thing with the FiST.

Mustang engine (3.7L V6) is in pieces. engine has been blueprinted and the crank stroked, forged pistons, rods, flowed heads with titanium intakes and Inconel 718 exhausts, custom valve springs, crower cams, flowed intake, Circle D torqe converter, etc, etc, Hoping to make over 700hp at the rear wheels. This car has been apart longer than I've driven it (gets paid off next month). June will be 2 years since we've had it apart. Going to be putting it together sometime in May or June, depending on parts being sourced. I got tired of waiting, so I bought the Fist. I have no idea where I'm going to put the Mustang when its done, unless I kick my wife out of the garage! This will be my "scare the s#!t out of myself" ride. The FiST is my daily driver.

I have a VW Jetta TDI with the DSG. VW really has their dual clutch figured out well. I still prefer a manual, but for day to day use, the DSG is a close second and certainly better than a traditional automatic. No issues with the DSG in 80,000 kilometers, which can't be said for Ford's attempt at a dual clutch.