Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrecked!

I am pissed. Some douche decided he didn't need to stop while I was waiting behind someone trying to turn left.

BAM! I've been sick about it. Physically and emotionally. I love this damn car. But where the crap do I go from here? Even if the repairs are immaculate... it's still a repaired car and the value is crap. Chances are the car will never be the same.

It doesn't *look* all that bad.

But this is with the hatch closed and latched. Which won't register as closed on the dash.

Back wall of the spare tire area.

Floor pan further up.

Not pictured is the damage to the front where I got pushed into the truck in front of me (even though my foot was on the brake). Hood won't close. Grill wrecked. And my seat was broken from the impact sending my fat ass backward at the speed of light.

ARG!!!!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ouch hope you are OK no whiplash or anything. sorry for the car man. Life just ain't fair sometimes..

Butterybunz

That's a lot of damage. Very sorry to see this. I would personally try to get the car marked as totaled.. Pull all the mods from it and move on. I don't think the car will ever be the same again if that type of damage is repaired.

Sucks man. Sorry!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Sorry to hear. if that were me "Murder would be the case that they gave me"

If its not a write off don't worry. Any "differences" will be in your head if it is repaired by a good body shop. Take photos now, take photos during the repairs, and take photos of the finished product to use at time of sale. The only reason people think the value drops is because of the unknown, if you can show the quality of repair work there is no reason to reduce the value.
Just make sure it is at professional repair shop assuming they want to fix.

Based on the damage it will probably be written off.

OP
T
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the words, guys. As upset as I am... it could have been a lot worse since I had my kids with me. So there's that.

I'll take it to the best body shop in town so I know the repairs will be 100% top notch, but still... the diminished value won't *just* be in my head. A "carfax" is a HUGE hit to the value. And I honestly think that diminished value should be factored in because it's bullshit. I had a beautiful car one second and a wrecked car the next.

Shit.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Yep I just went through this bs when I traded in my fiat on my st. I had one minor 2k fix on car fax and it killed trade in at every dealer I tried. I had photos of damage and all paper work showing damage wasn't anywhere but bumper stuff. Was done by best shop in area also.Didn't help one bit. Sue the person for the difference in value. Get trade in values from dealer bought from to show difference in value or something.

caliboy15

same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, but yours is a lot worse than mine.

it really sucks! my car is only 2 months old.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Good thing you are ok. Sucks losing it though

That's a lot of damage. Very sorry to see this. I would personally try to get the car marked as totaled.. Pull all the mods from it and move on. I don't think the car will ever be the same again if that type of damage is repaired.

Sucks man. Sorry!
I agree from the back it seems the uni-body is messed (bulge in the spare cavity) get the insurance to total it and see what you can get from the scrap yard for the parts in it.

Man that sucks hard [V] And given the damage in the spare well, that looks like a totalled car to me. However, if they do decide to repair, take it to Calvins on Airline. I've had a few people go there and they do top notch work. Also, make sure that you get extra for diminished value. You'll likely have to fight tooth and nail for it, but on a car that new, you should absolutely get it.

If you need a fix, hit me up [biggrin]. I don't let others drive my cars (yes, I'm one of those guys), but I'll be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Edit: Sorry, it's Cavin's, not Calvin's

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
Man that sucks hard [V] And given the damage in the spare well, that looks like a totalled car to me. However, if they do decide to repair, take it to Calvins on Airline. I've had a few people go there and they do top notch work. Also, make sure that you get extra for diminished value. You'll likely have to fight tooth and nail for it, but on a car that new, you should absolutely get it.

If you need a fix, hit me up [biggrin]. I don't let others drive my cars (yes, I'm one of those guys), but I'll be more than happy to take you for a ride.

Edit: Sorry, it's Cavin's, not Calvin's
One of my lifelong friends works at J&S out in Addis so I'll probably take it there since I can keep tabs on it and know that it will be taken care of. Or one of my coworkers told me that Donaldsonville Auto Body is the best there is. Maybe I'll take it there. I don't know just yet.

What I *do* know is that the car that wrecked me is trying to deny responsibility and I am going to raise all kinds of hell to my insurance tomorrow and get somebody on that shit. I ain't playing games. My insurance can front the costs and then go after hers. I don't care. That's what I pay them for.

In a sick twisted irony... my Cobb AP, filter and RMM came the same day. That's playing with my emotions.

What I *do* know is that the car that wrecked me is trying to deny responsibility and I am going to raise all kinds of hell to my insurance tomorrow and get somebody on that shit. I ain't playing games. My insurance can front the costs and then go after hers. I don't care. That's what I pay them for.
Hah! Doesn't matter in this state unless you pulled out in front of them. And yeah, the best thing I've learned is just go ahead and file a claim with your insurance and let them go after whoever is at fault. You'll have to pay your deductible, but you'll get it back after it's all said and done if you're not at fault.

I love how no one around here has any kind of accountability on the road. Every wreck myself or my wife has been in the other person swore up and down they weren't at fault (including a guy that failed to yield on a left turn on Choctaw and hit my wife head on while she was doing about 50. Didn't interact with anyone but the police and we later found out he claimed he had the arrow).

OP
T
Thread Starter #17
Make sure to pursue a diminished value claim with insurance. Lots of info and people's experiences over at fatwallet. They love pictures over there so post some of these and I'm sure people will help you out.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/880666/
I spoke with my insurance about that very thing yesterday. Basically what he told me was that if it's her "fault" and she/her insurance are liable for the damages... I'm entitled to diminished value. If *my* insurance winds up picking up the tab for the repairs... I'm not.

From the conversation I had with her insurance, it seems that I'm going to end up getting screwed. Because they insinuated that if the police report indicates that it was someone hitting her that caused her to hit me... then it's not her fault. I didn't think it worked that way. But I'm often mistaken on the way I think the world should work.

MOFiST

So the third party got away? Or was this something she said that was a lie?

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
So the third party got away? Or was this something she said that was a lie?
She was definitely hit from behind. Her shit was mangled. And yes... the truck that hit her and started the whole thing took off.

She was definitely hit from behind. Her shit was mangled. And yes... the truck that hit her and started the whole thing took off.
Somebody needs to go loosen up all the bolts on the truck that caused it. Hate hit and runners so much.

I'm sorry to hear about your car TaylorFade (glad you and your kids are good though!!). Pics made me want to tear up. :'( I'm terrified of this happening to me every time I drive, got some ignorant people flying around this town. Fresh new batch of danger every semester!
Good luck with all of the crap that comes with a wrecked car that wasn't your fault.