Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrecked!

Uhh you might wanna talk to a lawyer...maybe even look up some laws yourself. Insurance companies will do ANYTHING to avoid paying money out. By the way...are you being held responsible for hitting the car in front of you?

me32

1000 Post Club
Hope it doesnt get fixed. Your not gonna want that car back with that damage. It will never be the same

The damage on the front doesn't look all that bad, but the buckling in the hatch well is really making me think they won't be able to repair as I'm pretty sure that's part of the unibody. If they did, you'd have alignment, rattle, and handling problems forever. Has your insurance sent out an adjuster yet?

Ugh, that breaks my heart. If it makes you feel at all better as you go through this, my uncle bought a brand new M6 ($150,000) and while driving in France, a bunch of rock debris fell off a cliff-side and landed on his hood while he was driving! Words cannot describe...

OP
T
Thread Starter #26
The damage on the front doesn't look all that bad, but the buckling in the hatch well is really making me think they won't be able to repair as I'm pretty sure that's part of the unibody. If they did, you'd have alignment, rattle, and handling problems forever. Has your insurance sent out an adjuster yet?
I actually have to go to them. Lemoine's is the closest one to us so hopefully the car is safe to drive 7 miles tomorrow morning. I can't believe it takes a week and a half to get a damn car looked at. I'm lucky I have a 2nd car. GoAuto's adjuster wants to come look at it too, but I'm worried he is going to lowball the crap out of the repairs. He says, "I'll only take up about 5 minutes of your time."

I'm thinking... 5 minutes? Shouldn't it be like a whole day tearing the car apart to really assess the damage?

Ugh, that breaks my heart. If it makes you feel at all better as you go through this, my uncle bought a brand new M6 ($150,000) and while driving in France, a bunch of rock debris fell off a cliff-side and landed on his hood while he was driving! Words cannot describe...
Doesn't make me feel better about my car. But breaks my heart for his! Lol. I'd have had a heart attack.

You have to bring it to them? I don't think that's how that works, especially if the ability of the car to safely drive 7 miles is in question. Call them back and tell them to come look at the car where it is now, or they can tow it to where they want to look at it.

The only estimate you need to worry about is the one YOUR adjuster gives you. Of course the other adjuster is going to low ball the damage, that's his job. And yes, they really are that fast. The couple of times I've had an adjuster come out, took about 10 minutes from the time he pulled into the driveway to the time I had a check in my hand.

CanadianST

Sorry to hear about your car, seems a few of us are going through the same thing recently, just had the buisness where i was storing mine go up in flames along with every car in there. If the insurance company is screwing you around don't be afriad to file a complaint and ask to speak to a manager though especially when they're asking you to drive the car to them which is insane, it's their job to come look at the car.

I went from a 2 month wait before they'd even look at my car to say it was totalled to having a check in the mail for the balance owing on my car the next day after demanding to speak to a manager.

OP
T
Thread Starter #29
So I got my insurance to look at it. Just a visual inspection put the estimate at $10k. And that doesn't include the parts that weren't in the system (like my seat). Percentage being used was brand new retail and it was right on the cusp of a total loss. *My* insurance is saying to push for a total loss.

The guilty party's insurance was all... "meh... that'll buff out."

Big surprise.

And two days later, still haven't heard back from either.

least you don't have to keep and drive the broken and ruined ST anymore~~

Hopefully you'll get another one =]

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Terribly sorry buddy, did not see this until just now, really sucks!!!!!!

BUT, kids are far more important, as you are as well so the car died to take care of you, be glad it was just the car.

Do get your neck and back checked out as injuries sometimes take awhile to kick in, enough force to break a seat is enough to injure you and your kids.

--------------

Unless the frame rails are bent at or past the suspension/subframe mounts a good shop can make the car drive just fine, if bent there I would never accept it being repaired.

--------------

Since she was pushed by somebody else then the hit and run driver is the one liable but likely not even insured if in an older vehicle especially or drinking if in a newer one......likely your insurance will have to foot the bill on this one but it should not raise your rates, if it does look for a better company.

I have used State Farm for around 35 years now, they are incredible to deal with, always so.

Most sincerely
Rick

antarctica24

Working in this industry, I can tell you the value is not as important as the frame. This is a small car, and having the trunk area bent like that is bad. While I have seen some really unfixable stuff repaired, I would make sure this goes on frame machine to verify that it is still straight. If not it would be the difference between totaled and not. If the tailgate/hatch is damaged that is one thing, if the frame where it comes into contact with is something different. Again, not being a big car, it limits what it can and cannot absorb.