Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrongwheeldrive's Budget Build

OP
wrongwheeldrive
Thread Starter #21
Great build and great read.
Might I suggest downshifting to 5th and accelerating opposed to leaving it in 6th gear and going WOT if you are in low RPMS- especially if modified and tuned.
High Gear + High Load puts a tremendous amount of stress on the engine and while not as much - the clutch. Especially in Boosted Cars.
I come from the DSM/Evo world and prior to that a Subbie (Lots of turbo'd cars...) and have seen and witnessed more than a few motors pop @ High Gear/High Load. i.e. 6th Gear WOT.
I'll end my rant ... again great read!
Good tip. Someone mentioned this to me a couple months ago and I've been conscious of it ever since! I imagine 6th WOT AT 50mph is quite a bit different than 6th WOT 80mph. Either way better safe than sorry. I'm pretty sure I read top speed in ours and quite a few other cars is achieved in 5th as opposed to 6th because 6th is a fuel economy gear and not really necessary.

[MENTION=780]wrongwheeldrive[/MENTION] damn, that's cool as hell. I googled "velocross" before asking, but obviously had the wrong word. I'm sure that type of racing is a blast. Now to youtube some videos haha.