Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

X-47 Turbo Disassembly and Consumable Parts Specification Determination GoFundMe

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So, instead of tacking this on to the back end of a 67 page thread, I figured the best exposure was to start a new one.

I still have my core packed up and ready to ship - it's now at a point where I need to act one way or the other. If the GoFundMe succeeds within a 2 week span then I will proceed with the tear down. If it does not, I'll ship the turbo back and get my core deposit returned.

If you have an X-47 consider tossing a few dollars in the pot to help out the community - once this information is available it will be much easier to order parts and have rebuilds completed locally (as long as the impeller is fine - I suggest inspections every 30,000km).

https://www.gofundme.com/x47-core-purchase-and-tear-down

Boostlab in Tampa Florida can't rebuild them? I didn't see the old post or thread but he should be able to at least tell what internal parts it uses.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Boostlab in Tampa Florida can't rebuild them? I didn't see the old post or thread but he should be able to at least tell what internal parts it uses.
It would be great information to have regardless of where it came from! Do they have a username? How do we contact them?

I doubt they'll just hand out the information - who has had their turbo rebuilt by them so perhaps they have more clout and could inquire on our behalf?
I have before, not an X47 but a K04, and GTX3076R. A standard rebuild (meaning no damage to turbine, compressor wheels, or housings) starts at 375 to include balancing.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why do you need donations? This isn't an emergency..... Your not critically ill.....Your house wasn't destroyed by a Tornado/Hurricane or Earthquake. Everything I have done to help the forum or others has been on my own dollar., Not someone else's. This is a performance game.....If you don't have the money. Don't play.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did I ask for a donation for parts I bought & sent to a manufacturer for inspection to design something better for the community? Nope....I did it to help others on my own dime. If you wanna donate....go for it. I think GoFundMe should be saved as a last resort to help people out who really need it. Take it or leave it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Did I ask for a donation for parts I bought & sent to a manufacturer for inspection to design something better for the community? Nope....I did it to help others on my own dime. If you wanna donate....go for it. I think GoFundMe should be saved as a last resort to help people out who really need it. Take it or leave it.

Which is any I suggested having Boost lab rebuild it and give the op the specs......just sayin. A basic rebuild is 375

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Which is any I suggested having Boost lab rebuild it and give the op the specs......just sayin. A basic rebuild is 375

The shaft sheared apart and the impeller ground itself in to the casing... It's not rebuildable. Sorry, I thought you knew that.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14

I typically don't reply to you as you're on my blocked list but I'll make an exception.

Not that I should feel obligated to provide you with an answer but I'm on disability and don't have a heck of a lot of money to essentially give away for the sake of knowledge.

So, provide something useful or get the fuck out.

Take it or leave it

I never assumed you were scamming or somehow misleading others with your go fund me, but I still think it’s not unreasonable to be asked a question as to why the help is needed. A simple answer would’ve been to say I don’t have a lot of disposable income and I feel like it would benefit a lot those of us that use this turbo. The how and why into your finances is private and should stay that way. I personally wouldn’t be offended if I was asked a few questions had I made this thread and kept it at that.