Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

x37-47 / 2554-60 / C39 / ST280 - Small Turbo Comparison Thread

I think I remember adam saying that there was still a little bit left in the x37, just that it ran out of fuel at the top when on e30. I don't know where that post is though.
Well then there's no point in paying 1g for aux fuel and tuning to get on 91 about what I already get on E30.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ya I wouldn't do that, but I would buy that aem meth kit for $400, run that and e30 and break the 300whp mark. Guaranteed with your numbers already on e30, you could do it.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The best parts of using the 5th injector is not mixing fuel, not searching for E85 when on the road somewhere, no tank to keep checking, not taking up much space or adding much weight.
I bought an Aux fuel kit but had reservations about the safety of fuel in the manifold puddling but so far it seems it has not happened but I sold it and went with the AEM WMI kit and spend a huge amount of time building secure enclosures for the tank, pump and battery in the trunk well and below it, ran the line under the car above the fuel lines, etc...

Now I live a couple of miles from an E85 pump, race gas there as well, methanol in bulk for cheap 35 miles away....reconsidering all options and will decide if I need to make a change or not once tuning is done on the GT2560R if I get that far, getting really tempted to just swap in the Gen 2 GTX2860R now.

If I did not have around $10k into my different turbo setups I would just get a nicely done C39 and be happy but for $1k I can swap to the GTX which is far easier since a simple bolt on and I have no stock parts except DP and a 3" DP I built in 2014.

The best parts of using the 5th injector is not mixing fuel, not searching for E85 when on the road somewhere, no tank to keep checking, not taking up much space or adding much weight.
I bought an Aux fuel kit but had reservations about the safety of fuel in the manifold puddling but so far it seems it has not happened but I sold it and went with the AEM WMI kit and spend a huge amount of time building secure enclosures for the tank, pump and battery in the trunk well and below it, ran the line under the car above the fuel lines, etc...

Now I live a couple of miles from an E85 pump, race gas there as well, methanol in bulk for cheap 35 miles away....reconsidering all options and will decide if I need to make a change or not once tuning is done on the GT2560R if I get that far, getting really tempted to just swap in the Gen 2 GTX2860R now.

If I did not have around $10k into my different turbo setups I would just get a nicely done C39 and be happy but for $1k I can swap to the GTX which is far easier since a simple bolt on and I have no stock parts except DP and a 3" DP I built in 2014.
Do you expect the car with aux fuel to make what it does now with E30?

I don't really have any interest in doing all the meth setup. I do like the idea of not looking for e85 when on the road, but the only time that would really matter would be if I went to a track in CA (I'm in Vegas).

Have an E85 station close to me so if in my shoes would you spend the money to add aux fuel? You seem to spend a lot more than I do though haha. If so I could set it up as a goal down the line. I want the car to be solid and safe at the track, but just doing the E30 has been great and turned the car into a little beast.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I never installed the 5th injector nor read up on it enough here to qualify making a proper answer.

With E30 and stock fuel system you are limiting the amount of fuel delivery, a 5th injector with E30 would be a great way to go I am sure but again I have no direct experience.

I am going to stick with 91 octane and WMI for now, finish the tune with the GT2560R and if not what I want swap in the GTX2860R Gen 2 and see how that works out.

If not what I end up wanting then I will look into other options like 5th injector, ditch the WMI setup, run E30 with 5th injector, etc...as I can get E85 really close and enough other places now and can have a 91 only tune for when I cannot get it on the road. Overall that would be less hassle than dealing with WMI and not dealing with any issues like running out.....etc.

I never installed the 5th injector nor read up on it enough here to qualify making a proper answer.

With E30 and stock fuel system you are limiting the amount of fuel delivery, a 5th injector with E30 would be a great way to go I am sure but again I have no direct experience.

I am going to stick with 91 octane and WMI for now, finish the tune with the GT2560R and if not what I want swap in the GTX2860R Gen 2 and see how that works out.

If not what I end up wanting then I will look into other options like 5th injector, ditch the WMI setup, run E30 with 5th injector, etc...as I can get E85 really close and enough other places now and can have a 91 only tune for when I cannot get it on the road. Overall that would be less hassle than dealing with WMI and not dealing with any issues like running out.....etc.
I picked up almost exactly 30/30 at the wheels on the dyno from 91 to E30. Having a 91 tune to fall back on is great, buy that extra power is addictive.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see alot of chatter here for every turbo but the 2554 here....where are they at? What are their numbers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
You sell them at DHM....right?

Not in our GTX kits. But, yes, we sell the ATP kit... If someone were to come to us asking about an ATP 2554, I would ask them why...and then show them the hybrid turbos. For the same price, hybrid > 2554 all day long. That's not even biased toward the ST280/C39..it goes for both hybrids.

"Why not pull it from the site?"

Because people do like options, and if that's what they want after being informed, it's just what they want.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Some people don't want 300hp FiSTs....sometimes I wonder if people have asked themselves for the longevity of this engine and stock internals should I push that much power through it? What's the future hold for the engine?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Some people don't want 300hp FiSTs....sometimes I wonder if people have asked themselves for the longevity of this engine and stock internals should I push that much power through it? What's the future hold for the engine?

It's all in the Tune

You answered your own questions.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I agree that all turbo are not created equal.....thats a definite. So you guys must have a done some work on 2554s.

They spool around 4krpm and max out around 270-280(ish)whp. Objectively, the hybrids outperform that... There are dynos and vdynos of them around the forums...but, people end up selling them for a hybrid or a DHM GTX kit. Like I said before, though, if that's what someone wants after they've reviewed all their options, that's perfectly fine. DHM can tune it.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I agree that all turbo are not created equal.....thats a definite. So you guys must have a done some work on 2554s.

They spool around 4krpm and max out around 270-280(ish)whp. Objectively, the hybrids outperform that... There are dynos and vdynos of them around the forums...but, people end up selling them for a hybrid or a DHM GTX kit. Like I said before, though, if that's what someone wants after they've reviewed all their options, that's perfectly fine. DHM can tune it.